• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When you aren't good enough for Atlanta's defense....

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

I think that Boykin thread where it was like 39 pages deserves a BUMP. To think, a player who didn't play a down for us had 39 pages, most of which were bashing Gettleman (you would think they would have learned by now). I thought our fans were finally growing into some mature, knowledgeable ones. I should have known better.

Same cancerous people who throw our entire team under the bus when we go 3 and out and are up 20 points in the game day thread.  The internet is an outlet for a lot of people with sour lives.

12 hours ago, Frank Hollywood said:

What? Where did you get that from? Bene played the nickel out of necessity last year and Rivera said he'll be competing for an outside corner position this year.

out of necessity? what are you fuging talking about?

He lost an outside corner position to 85 year old Peanut Tillman. When that guy broke his hip getting out of bed for his pudding, instead of just moving Bene outside, they signed a street free agent and kept benewikere in the slot. They had every opportunity last year to put him outside, including "there isn't another player on the roster we feel comfortable with this responsibility," and they kept him where he was; having his ass covered by Luke Kuechly.

And you mean to tell me a coach is overtalking his player? wow that means a whole lot more than what actually happened just like six months ago. But I guess if it fits into your narrative that's more important, right?

14 hours ago, electro's horse said:

They're nowhere close in the sense that right now Carolina's secondary is hot garbage. 

Obviously you take Alford and Truant over mystery developmental DB from a golf school James Bradberry and Robert McClain, who I might add was himself cut from the Falcons!

At safety, the Falcons just spent a first rounder at strong safety, and at free safety whatever they throw out there has to be just as promising as Tre Boston. Boston has that useful combination to be a god on here; young, under the radar, and went to UNC. Until he's cut from the league people on this site will be screaming for him to start.  

Despite his ints last year, Coleman graded out very poorly by PFF and will be playing a new position this year. Prior to that he was a career journeyman that was a total afterthought.  

What made the Panthers secondary work last year was the front seven and Josh Norman taking away half the field. This was made clear last year when street free agents came in during the playoffs and performed very well. The front seven is still there and might even be better, but Norman is obviously gone. 

Now, that's not to say the front seven exists in Atlanta, because it certainly doesn't. However, just on a player per player basis, the Panthers secondary is weak sauce. Acknowledging this doesn't make you less of a fan, just a realistic one. 

And before anyone says something about benewikere he is exclusively a slot corner (that's not me, that's the coaches) that graded out poorly by PFF standards last year as well so get off my nuts in advance. 

The safeties are above average, bene is above average and in a zone scheme I am pretty sure above average is more than enough with our front 7...the only question mark is dept and the rookies.

12 hours ago, Snake said:

Using PFF to back up your statement is like using Mel Kipper to do so.  Carolina has had a good secondary for a few years while ATL has been about avg. Carolina has ranked higher in points allowed for 3 years over ATL as well as takeaways last year. Also counting your eggs before they hatch this year shows your lack of intelligence. 

Well, I guess I could have said that I actually lived in Atlanta and since my best friends were falcons fans I watched all of their games. Lions games too, sadly, for the same reason. Citing PFF was simply an attempt to find common ground; effort that was wasted on the mouth breathers that populate these forums. 

as far as ranking points allowed, would you care to tell me how you separate the performance of say the front seven from the back four in that in that analysis? does this statistic somehow magically ignore the work kuechly, davis, star, and short and give it all to Norman and three guys named steve? 

As far as eggs before they hatch, are you literally a developmentally challenged pinhead born into a respirator? the Panthers are LITERALLY starting a new player at EVERY SINGLE POSITION in the secondary this season out of their base set (assuming a 3 linebacker base set even though most of the time they play a nickel but lets just pretend for a second) creating a situation where anyone defending the Panthers back four COULD NOT BE MORE DEPENDANT UPON A BASKET FULL OF EGGS I MEAN MY GOD ARE YOU fuging INBRED

Just now, JustLurking said:

The safeties are above average, bene is above average and in a zone scheme I am pretty sure above average is more than enough with our front 7...the only question mark is dept and the rookies.

One safety, a journey man who is playing a new position, is above average. Tre boston is absolutely no one. 

Bene has consistently been graded as less than average. 

No one is saying the Falcons front seven is better than the Panthers. That's not under debate. The argument as I framed it is whether or not the Falcons secondary is better, right now, in a vaccum, than the Panthers, and sorry to say it but they are. 

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Well, I guess I could have said that I actually lived in Atlanta and since my best friends were falcons fans I watched all of their games. Lions games too, sadly, for the same reason. Citing PFF was simply an attempt to find common ground; effort that was wasted on the mouth breathers that populate these forums. 

as far as ranking points allowed, would you care to tell me how you separate the performance of say the front seven from the back four in that in that analysis? does this statistic somehow magically ignore the work kuechly, davis, star, and short and give it all to Norman and three guys named steve? 

As far as eggs before they hatch, are you literally a developmentally challenged pinhead born into a respirator? the Panthers are LITERALLY starting a new player at EVERY SINGLE POSITION in the secondary this season out of their base set (assuming a 3 linebacker base set even though most of the time they play a nickel but lets just pretend for a second) creating a situation where anyone defending the Panthers back four COULD NOT BE MORE DEPENDANT UPON A BASKET FULL OF EGGS I MEAN MY GOD ARE YOU fuging INBRED

LOL......go rub one out ......life isnt that serious to be so agro. Im still tripping over you clowning peanut like that? how many big plays at the right time did he make for us last year?

Just now, electro's horse said:

One safety, a journey man who is playing a new position, is above average. Tre boston is absolutely no one. 

Bene has consistently been graded as less than average. 

No one is saying the Falcons front seven is better than the Panthers. That's not under debate. The argument as I framed it is whether or not the Falcons secondary is better, right now, in a vaccum, than the Panthers, and sorry to say it but they are. 

Oh......I got you figured out....your one of those guys.... You hate UNC dont you? you let what college a kid comes from dictate how you feel about them. LOLz!!!!!

If boykin was cancerous or injuries, why did the panthers sign him to start with?  I'll maintain my similar stance, at least let boykin compete in TC & OTAs and let the chips fall. Not upset at him being cut, just the timing. What happens if sandez and other Nickels get rash of injuries? Now if boykin had a hip injury after signing that would make sense, but he should have been a injury waiver if that was the case.

I had a huge question in one of the other boykin threads, why did three CB needed teams want nothing to do with him? Philly needed CBs and traded him. Pitt was maybe the most CB needy team, after giving a 5th benched him for 3/4 of season and didnt make attempt to resign him. Carolina signed him after free agancy cooled down and gave boykin a 80,000$ cup of coffee. Its werid deal in the offseason, perfect for huddle!

2 minutes ago, MV%doe said:

If boykin was cancerous or injuries, why did the panthers sign him to start with?  I'll maintain my similar stance, at least let boykin compete in TC & OTAs and let the chips fall. Not upset at him being cut, just the timing. What happens if sandez and other Nickels get rash of injuries? Now if boykin had a hip injury after signing that would make sense, but he should have been a injury waiver if that was the case.

I had a huge question in one of the other boykin threads, why did three CB needed teams want nothing to do with him? Philly needed CBs and traded him. Pitt was maybe the most CB needy team, after giving a 5th benched him for 3/4 of season and didnt make attempt to resign him. Carolina signed him after free agancy cooled down and gave boykin a 80,000$ cup of coffee. Its werid deal in the offseason, perfect for huddle!

my thoughts exactly. had him for chump changed, that move made no sense. Something is up

40 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

my thoughts exactly. had him for chump changed, that move made no sense. Something is up

Again (1) Boykin didn't sign with the Panthers to be "depth", he signed to start for a year and get a bigger free agent contract in 2017 and (2) you guys must not have heard the post-draft interview with Gettleman that made it very very clear how he feels about the affect that unhappy free agents have on a team's chemistry.

52 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Again (1) Boykin didn't sign with the Panthers to be "depth", he signed to start for a year and get a bigger free agent contract in 2017 and (2) you guys must not have heard the post-draft interview with Gettleman that made it very very clear how he feels about the affect that unhappy free agents have on a team's chemistry.

I didnt say he was signed for depth. I thought he was a decent acquisition to start at nickel. No reports of Boykin being unhappy that I know of? your opinion is mere speculation. my opinion is I have no idea what happened.

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

TLDR; Please respond in less than two paragraphs or I will expect it submitted in apa style. 

Archived