• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When you aren't good enough for Atlanta's defense....

Jeremy Igo

11 hours ago, Snake said:

They're are avg at best and nowhere close to Carolina. 

They're nowhere close in the sense that right now Carolina's secondary is hot garbage. 

Obviously you take Alford and Truant over mystery developmental DB from a golf school James Bradberry and Robert McClain, who I might add was himself cut from the Falcons!

At safety, the Falcons just spent a first rounder at strong safety, and at free safety whatever they throw out there has to be just as promising as Tre Boston. Boston has that useful combination to be a god on here; young, under the radar, and went to UNC. Until he's cut from the league people on this site will be screaming for him to start.  

Despite his ints last year, Coleman graded out very poorly by PFF and will be playing a new position this year. Prior to that he was a career journeyman that was a total afterthought.  

What made the Panthers secondary work last year was the front seven and Josh Norman taking away half the field. This was made clear last year when street free agents came in during the playoffs and performed very well. The front seven is still there and might even be better, but Norman is obviously gone. 

Now, that's not to say the front seven exists in Atlanta, because it certainly doesn't. However, just on a player per player basis, the Panthers secondary is weak sauce. Acknowledging this doesn't make you less of a fan, just a realistic one. 

And before anyone says something about benewikere he is exclusively a slot corner (that's not me, that's the coaches) that graded out poorly by PFF standards last year as well so get off my nuts in advance. 

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

They're nowhere close in the sense that right now Carolina's secondary is hot garbage. 

Obviously you take Alford and Truant over mystery developmental DB from a golf school James Bradberry and Robert McClain, who I might add was himself cut from the Falcons!

At safety, the Falcons just spent a first rounder at strong safety, and at free safety whatever they throw out there has to be just as promising as Tre Boston. Boston has that useful combination to be a god on here; young, under the radar, and went to UNC. Until he's cut from the league people on this site will be screaming for him to start.  

Despite his ints last year, Coleman graded out very poorly by PFF and will be playing a new position this year. Prior to that he was a career journeyman that was a total afterthought.  

What made the Panthers secondary work last year was the front seven and Josh Norman taking away half the field. This was made clear last year when street free agents came in during the playoffs and performed very well. The front seven is still there and might even be better, but Norman is obviously gone. 

Now, that's not to say the front seven exists in Atlanta, because it certainly doesn't. However, just on a player per player basis, the Panthers secondary is weak sauce. Acknowledging this doesn't make you less of a fan, just a realistic one. 

And before anyone says something about benewikere he is exclusively a slot corner (that's not me, that's the coaches) that graded out poorly by PFF standards last year as well so get off my nuts in advance. 

Using PFF to back up your statement is like using Mel Kipper to do so.  Carolina has had a good secondary for a few years while ATL has been about avg. Carolina has ranked higher in points allowed for 3 years over ATL as well as takeaways last year. Also counting your eggs before they hatch this year shows your lack of intelligence. 

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

What? Where did you get that from? Bene played the nickel out of necessity last year and Rivera said he'll be competing for an outside corner position this year.

I think that Boykin thread where it was like 39 pages deserves a BUMP. To think, a player who didn't play a down for us had 39 pages, most of which were bashing Gettleman (you would think they would have learned by now). I thought our fans were finally growing into some mature, knowledgeable ones. I should have known better.

Archived