• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson Involved In Head on Collision

Take note y'all:  A police report of "smelled alcohol" is as rubber stamped as it gets.  If alcohol was actually involved (read:  Shaq was inebriated at 7 in the morning and lost control of his car), I guarantee they'd charge him and process him.  This is headline fodder.  Shaq was probably out the night before, and was headed home.

36 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Possible he had been drinking but legally under the limit.

Either way, uber folks. Uber.

I honestly don't know the answer to this: If you're in the backwater part of Weddington at 7am on a Sunday, can you even get an Uber? How long would it take?

9 minutes ago, SmashNDash said:

I laugh when someone is imagining his night of drinking ending with him in bed at 2:00 AM.  More then likely, stayed out drinking till 3-4 and was driving back from a cleat chaser's house, very easy to be still partially intoxicated just a couple hours later.  I'm more worried about both parties health then already judging Shaq.

Sounds like you're judging him yourself, and thinking the worst to boot. It's quite possible that he did the right thing, and was on the road after sunup with a negligible amount of alcohol in his system, vs. driving at 3-4 AM with alcohol being very much a factor.

We can speculate all we want, but that's all it is, just guessing.

41 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Probably means he had a little left in his system from Saturday night. If we was below the legal limit, it shouldn't be an issue. This is unfortunate.

What I was thinking. 

27 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yep. Have been plenty of mornings I have woken up just as drunk as I went to sleep. Seems like a costly lesson but could have been worse.

I seem to recall Funchess had a birthday party on Saturday and now I can't find a single Social Media post about it.  But I know for a fact I saw Shaq and Devin exchanging quips about where they were going to party.  And now that has all disappeared....interesting.

53 minutes ago, EightyNine said:

The biggest concern about all of this is the time of day in which it occured..

Driving around at 7:45 AM with any alcohol in your system is a red flag.  Glad it wasnt more serious and that Shaq is fine.

He is still a kid.  He did something everyone does, so I'm not gonna put a label on him.. but you dont like to hear about this kind of stuff.  TD needs to give him a stern talking to..

Probably means he was drinking the night before. 

Glad to hear everyone is reasonably "ok" and alcohol was not a factor. Driving tired can be as bad or worse than driving drunk so hopefully Shaq learns something from this. I had a similar experience (vs. a tree) driving home early one morning after a long night when I was 22 and thought I was superman. Taught me to be a little more cautious. 

5 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

I seem to recall Funchess had a birthday party on Saturday and now I can't find a single Social Media post about it.  But I know for a fact I saw Shaq and Devin exchanging quips about where they were going to party.  And now that has all disappeared....interesting.

Agreed, I saw the same thing but couldn't remember if it was this weekend or last.

5 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Hmmm.  That sounds plausible.

Interesting that the Panthers social media team is not only tops, but they do a good job in coaching the players about twitter discipline too... 

Speaking of Tweets, looks like Jeremy Cash tweeted this shortly after the accident.  In light of this news now..., it's very poignant

Archived