• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson Involved In Head on Collision

5 minutes ago, EightyNine said:

The biggest concern about all of this is the time of day in which it occured..

Driving around at 7:45 AM with any alcohol in your system is a red flag.  Glad it wasnt more serious and that Shaq is fine.

If you were to do a breathalyzer on anyone under 25 first thing Saturday or Sunday morning, there's a good chance there will be some residual left in their system.

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

It's also on BBR -- Seems like the OP copy and pasted it's almost the exact same format-

http://blackandbluereview.com/shaq-thompson-anthony-boone-car-accident/

Also shows via google search-

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=shaq+thompson+car+accident

did you miss the link i put in the post as the very first item?

10 minutes ago, EightyNine said:

The biggest concern about all of this is the time of day in which it occured..

Driving around at 7:45 AM with any alcohol in your system is a red flag.  Glad it wasnt more serious and that Shaq is fine.

He is still a kid.  He did something everyone does, so I'm not gonna put a label on him.. but you dont like to hear about this kind of stuff.  TD needs to give him a stern talking to..

Not really. Party hard on Saturday night. Hit the bed at 2am to sleep it off. Wake up at 7:30 to drive home thinking hey I've slept so I'm fine. Alcohol still in the system. We've all been there.

1 minute ago, iBBB said:

Alcohol left in the system from saturday night most likely and a Sunday morning drive home. Actually, driving home on Sunday morning is much better than driving home drunk on the Saturday night. 

The accident could have been a result of texting or phone use, imo.

I'm not saying that thats not what happened.  As someone who has done some things, I'm saying it was a sign of concern.

He probably did have alcohol in his system from the night before.  But for him to still have some in his system at 7:45 AM makes you wonder some other things..  Its not easy to be awake at 7:45 AM  when you have been drinking enough to still have alcohol in your system at that time.

I am assuming he was just being a kid and having some fun.. But these things cant happen.

If he was drinking that much the night before to still have it in his system, which most people would that early in the morning, it probably would have been a better option to just get an uber. Glad he is okay, and hope Boone recovers fine. I certainly imagine that moving forward Shaq will get some definite lecturing about this. He's a smart guy so this should be a lesson learned.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If he was drinking that much the night before to still have it in his system, which most people would that early in the morning, it probably would have been a better option to just get an uber. Glad he is okay, and hope Boone recovers fine. I certainly imagine that moving forward Shaq will get some definite lecturing about this. He's a smart guy so this should be a lesson learned.

Yep. Have been plenty of mornings I have woken up just as drunk as I went to sleep. Seems like a costly lesson but could have been worse.

I laugh when someone is imagining his night of drinking ending with him in bed at 2:00 AM.  More then likely, stayed out drinking till 3-4 and was driving back from a cleat chaser's house, very easy to be still partially intoxicated just a couple hours later.  I'm more worried about both parties health then already judging Shaq.

Crazy, this happened right near where I live.  What are the freaking odds of two pro football players in a car accident that doesn't know each other?  Totally random, hope Boone fully recovers from his injuries.

Archived