• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTAs start Tuesday

Jeremy Igo

Voth's latest article at BBR is quite helpful in helping keep expectations in check.  I keep forgetting that in addition to KB, Hill & Bene coming off knee & leg injuries, we've got 5 who had offseason shoulder surgery:

Luke, Philly, Simonson, Delaire & Addison.

So....  all of those 8 players are likely to be somewhat limited in OTAs, which as Voth says, gives the opportunity for other guys to step forward.  

http://blackandbluereview.com/take-advantage-extra-reps-panthers-otas/

13 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Any chance that Cam chokes another DB this year? It really helped Josh last year.

Perhaps we could set up a booth in camp for all the rookies to take their turn getting choked out by the MVP.

61161817.jpg

3 hours ago, PoundCat said:

I'd like to hear your impressions on Michael Eubank, and if you think he has a shot at making the PS, with an eye on the 53 next year possibly 

He was just a tryout guy and they didn't sign him. We only have the 3 QBs.

16 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins PhD said:

I don't care if they would start on other teams.  I care that our offense could be better if we upgraded this position.  

OK. That is not what you said, but OK. So who do you think was or is available that would be an upgrade? Keep in mind that we had the #1 scoring offense with them, and should only get better with the return of KB.

I am open for discussion, but you seem to be waffling a bit on what you are trying to say. If you didn't care about them starting on another team, then why put that as your point of emphasis?

1 hour ago, sharkkiller said:

OK. That is not what you said, but OK. So who do you think was or is available that would be an upgrade? Keep in mind that we had the #1 scoring offense with them, and should only get better with the return of KB.

I am open for discussion, but you seem to be waffling a bit on what you are trying to say. If you didn't care about them starting on another team, then why put that as your point of emphasis?

What I said was: I doubt either of them start at WR on any other roster in the NFL.  Their numbers are a product of our scheme. 

Emphasis being that their perceived productivity is more scheme than ability.  My real hope is that the front office doesn't view their production and heavily weigh it over younger talent on the roster.  Specifically thinking of Byrd or Hill.

On 5/22/2016 at 7:34 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

OTAs start this Tuesday.

This will be our first glimpse at the depth chart and a few packages they are thinking about with the new players.

I will be there Tuesday for the content you have grown mildly not uninterested in.

What are you most interested in hearing about?

-5th WR. Same as errrrbody

-Who gets most snaps with the 1's at corner

-If Vernon or Star gets more 1st team snaps

Archived