• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Robinson

ctrcat

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/arraignment-date-set-cam-robinson-hootie-jones/

June 16 arraignment.  Will be interesting to follow the dominoes from this stupidity.  This was by far the top LT, and WAS a top 10 lock next spring.  This directly impacts us as our long term LT and depth are completely uncertain.  Walter football even had him as the only clear cut first round OT.  Best case is he gets the charges reduced or dropped, Saban handles "internally", life goes on, and he falls down the board ala Tunsil.  Worst case is he does hard time, is kicked off the team, and does a La'el Collins level drop when and if he's even draft eligible.  Then there's the muddied waters level middle (i.e. a little of both) possibilities, and though I haven't heard it mentioned even once, possibly a supplemental draft possibly if he is kicked off the team but somehow weathers the legal water storms without a felony.  That would be fun and wildly interesting.  But make no mistake his actions have directly impacted college and professional football for the next year or two.

If he didn't get in trouble we wouldn't care because we will be picking way after where he would have gone. Now that he's shown what he does in his personal time we definitely won't touch him. Either way, he was never going to become a Panther. I doubt that, with where I expect us to be picking in the draft the next few years, we can get our next LT there. I expect more pickups like Oher. I don't think this changes our outlook and plan for LT moving forward.

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

If he didn't get in trouble we wouldn't care because we will be picking way after where he would have gone. Now that he's shown what he does in his personal time we definitely won't touch him. Either way, he was never going to become a Panther. I doubt that, with where I expect us to be picking in the draft the next few years, we can get our next LT there. I expect more pickups like Oher. I don't think this changes our outlook and plan for LT moving forward.

Don't disagree with anything you said, but even if it pushes OT prospects up/down the board it affects us.

GMan doesn't work in hypotheticals, but there's still that ever so SLIGHT possibility that the charges are dropped and as a first time offender we might consider, depending on a myriad of other factors.

Archived