• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jags just cannot catch a break , Jalen Ramsey injured

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Profootballtall reporting he had microfracture surgery on knee in high school.  I never heard about that prior to draft

Just saw that also.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/19/jalen-ramsey-previously-had-microfracture-surgery-on-right-knee/

As intense as the draft is, how can microfracture knee surgery on a top 5 pick, even if 6 years ago, not be a known commodity?  

Here is the story on ESPN a year ago about his early surgery http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12627947/florida-state-cornerback-jalen-ramsey-embracing-another-challenge

22 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not a big deal if he was a vet. But for a rookie to miss most of offseason stuff really sets him behind. 

I think that this is what made Funchess a force to be reckoned with in Dec and Jan, but made him not much of a factor early on. A minor injury can definitely slow development.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word now that Jags rookie DE Jonathan Woodard (7th round pick) tore his achilles.

Dang, these dudes are snakebit.

That's terrible. 

I know we had our share of injuries last year in pre-season (Hill, KB & Frank), and given that Hill & KB both blew their knees on the practice fields at Wofford in non-contact, there was some question about our field.  But generally it seemed a freak thing, not the field. .... so ..... we of all teams & fan bases know that one shouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions or judgment, but if the Jags continue getting more rookie injuries, they'll have to seriously evaluate their strength & conditioning program, the drills they're doing, their practice fields, etc.

Archived