• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Selecting the 2016 Panthers Wide Receivers

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, TheWiz said:

KB- Obviously

Funchess- will take a big step forward

Teddy Ginn- will see a regression in his numbers but still contribute

Philly- Came on strong towards the end of the year. He and Cam have developed nice chemistry

Stephen Hill- (Cant believe I'm saying this.) Size, Speed, Healthy and Hungry. It's his job to lose. 

KG- Practice Squad

My biggest thing about KG going to the practice squad is a team that has an injury during camp at WR plucks him off the team. Thus why I think he makes the 53.

1 minute ago, h0llywood said:

Benjamin
Funchess
Damiere Byrd
Stephen Hill
Keyariss Garrett

Byrd + Hill's speed plus the return of Benjamin negates the need for Ginn. Keyarris has a greater upside than Bersin who he would be replacing.

zero chance this on happens

31 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'm sorry, but you're an idiot if you think Brown is a lock, he's closer to being a lock to be cut than a lock to make the team.

I think he's already proven that he'll never be anything too special, and given that, I'd much rather see us keep someone like Byrd who really could end up being special than keep Brown around to be the 4th WR behind KB, Funchess, and Ginn.

So someone is an idiot if they don't share the same opinion as you? How old are you that we can't have conversations on a message board without petty insults? I'm sorry if it attacks your confidence in your opinion to hear one that differs from yours, but grow up man. 

Brown flipped a switch in the playoffs with 113 yards vs. the Cardinals and 80 vs. the Broncos in only half the game. 

Before that he started to find a rythym, accounting for 217 yards in the last 4 games of the season. I believe he's back on the team this year and better than ever. But that's just my idiotic opinion.

4 minutes ago, The Link said:

To those saying we our going to keep 6 WR's, keep in mind Joe Webb can play WR in a pinch. We only keep 5. KB, Funch, Ginn, Byrd, Brown. If Garrett plays lights out in camp, I think he takes Byrd's spot. 

The thing with Webb, is that he sucks at all three positions he plays. He's not even a decent return man, I'm assuming a pretty terrible receiver since he never gets snaps, and we have all seen him play QB in the preseason. If one of these receivers can return, I think he's expendable. 

Brown is a lock. 

Funchess is in just his 2nd year. KB is in his 2nd too essentially. Byrd, Garrett, Hill have virtually no experience. Ginn is a one dimensional vet.

Brown will be going into his 3rd season with legit playing time in big spots. Brown is the closest we have to Cotchery in terms of being able to run any type of route.

26 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

Benjamin
Funchess
Damiere Byrd
Stephen Hill
Keyariss Garrett

Byrd + Hill's speed plus the return of Benjamin negates the need for Ginn. Keyarris has a greater upside than Bersin who he would be replacing.

MADDEN NFL 2017

Suddenly we find the WR position, a huge strength.

Wow, what a difference a year makes!

KB, Funch, Brown, Ginn, Garrett

Byrd is the WC and Stephen Hill is done. Garrett is essentially a Stephen Hill, only he can catch everything thrown his way.

I'd hate to be an undersized CB playing against this WR corps. (Lookin at you NFC South opponents)

28 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

Benjamin
Funchess
Damiere Byrd
Stephen Hill
Keyariss Garrett

so the bottom three WRs are going to be a rookie, a guy who hasn't compiled a stat since 2013, and another who's never been activated for a regular season game

well that's bold, i'll give you that

Archived