• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antonio Cromartie wants to come to Carolina

Jeremy Igo

I don't think a vet CB is totally out of the question. We never keep more than one nickel, so it didn't make sense to keep two of them even we only keep 4-5 corners usually. Plus Bene's injury could potentially force us to start the season with two rookies on the outside and only nickels as depth.

If they do bring one in, it'll be more of an outside guy for insurance. That also would give us the freedom to move Bene back inside if needed. Not saying they'll bring in Cromartie, but I could see them bringing in someone even if it's like the Drayton Florence signing a couple years back.

Obviously I have no clue what the powers that be think but honestly think that we should have a veteran or two on the team at corner just to help everyone else to help with play calling and consistency.  I have no problem with young guys mixed with old guys but if we plan to go deep in the playoffs again tis year it is good to have guys who have been thee and done that.  Peanut and Harper for example were important for their leadership as well as skill.  There is not a lot of experience in the secondary at this point. Maybe it is me but starting rookies at corner on day 1 seems a big mistake no matter how good they are.  Especially for a team that wants to go to the Super Bowl again.

I bet he does want to play for the Panthers. Possible SB and he needs some $ for the $300,000+ he has to pay in child support. I hear he's got twins on the way now. That'll give him 12 little Cromarties to support. 

You'd think, with a 'cover job' for all those years, he'd have heard of condoms.

Archived