• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

James Bradberry vs Keyarris Garrett Rookie Camp

Jeremy Igo

Have the players for Undrafted been selected yet?  Garrett or Cash could make a good story... but of course they just did the Panthers & Brandon Wegher last year.

As to Garrett being undrafted, the only explanation is #Gettlemagic.  Maybe DG has some secret potion he slipped the other GMs to make them blind to Garrett or make him disappear from their draft boards. 

A new nickname for him.... The Draft Whisperer...  he makes good players magically fall to us as UDFAs.

15 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Except he can consistently catch and get separation. 

For the most part getting separation didn't seem to be much of an issue. It was the drops early on.

Either way, we could sorely use a WR with very reliable hands. All of our receivers except for Olsen have dealt with this issue on and off. I expect big strides from KB though.

6 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I'm confused on why Garrett didn't get drafted. He seems like a stud. 

There's a few notable reasons such as his prior injuries, small hands and the limited route tree that would mean needing to be with the right coach and right system.

That said, it's the fact that he played at Tulsa more than anything else. It's a stigma that anyone's production in a smaller program is lesser than the equivalent at somewhere like USC or Ohio State. Grant you, there is some truth to that but that should be evaluated on a case to case basis. For Garrett, I could see teams marking him down from mid draft range to late round just because of where he played. With the right set of circumstances, he could be (and was) not drafted.

Final note. We could've drafted him with our 7th but didn't. That might've been a calculated risk more than anything else. Whatever the case, the battle for the WR roster spots is going to be much more interesting this year.

Archived