• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers UDFA RB/FB Devon "Rockhead" Johnson

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, csx said:

Another guy to take in to consideration for the TE/HB/FB type is the UDFA Bonnet. I hadn't thought much of him until BBR did a little thing on him today.

Yeah, someone mentioned that.

Though Bonnet was listed as a TE, he sounds a little closer to the real deal. He was more of a Swiss army knife, which is what Getty and the coaches probably desire. And his durability is not in question.

I like what I saw out of him. Camp should be fun this year.

And   Let's face it Tolbert ain't a good blocker at all and he ain't getting any younger. His skills have  diminished greatly Time to start looking for a cheaper younger replacement. 

The new NFL values flexibilty due to the increasing use of no huddle offense which limit substitutions.  RR has said that the basic idea of play calling is to take advantage of mismatches. Essentially, if you get a defense in base, you throw, in nickel you run.  If you can get a player who can line up at RB, TE, or in the slot, you can shift from 11, 12, or 21 personnel without suubstituting.  This forces the defense to change assignments on the fly and  can lead to mistakes and big plays.

From a defensive perspective, the above is why we took Shaq last year and why we want as many three down DL(Butler) a possible.

Archived