• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers honor Steph Curry today...

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Awwww, still salty, eh? Don't worry. Old man Wade is still superior than your entire roster. Plus we got Winslow and possibly Whiteside (unless we go after Durant). Our future looks bright regardless. How about yours?

You keep using that phrase. I don't think it means what you think it means. Perhaps you're right. Charlotte will just draft another soft, unathletic big man instead.

Whiteside's not staying with you guys.  He'll want too much money.  And LOLZ at Durant, pipe dream.  Get ready to be in mediocre territory, good sir.  Hope you enjoyed these years.  Because the view won't be as good looking up.

Look at my reply to Nick_81 for Green.  A very average monster if you want to be honest.  He doesn't nothing on the court that defines great at all.   

2 minutes ago, Promethean Forerunner said:

Even if we do go mediocre from here... three NBA titles; five Finals appearances. Yep. I won't be mad. It was one hell of a ride. That said, our owners know how to run an organization and our president knows how to find and lure talent.

A Hornet fan giving a Heat fan the mediocrity talk is as legitimate as a Cavalier fan talking about championships. ;)

Your reply about Green is asinine. No one here is taking your argument seriously.

I don't care, he couldn't be the number 1 on any other team.  I'm just proving my point, you guys put up stats to back up his open shots, rebounding, etc.  But when logic goes into it, you know, does he do anything great?  You guys ignore it or say "nobody is taking you serious."  Obviously something must be up if you have no true rebuttal.  

8 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

I don't care, he couldn't be the number 1 on any other team.  I'm just proving my point, you guys put up stats to back up his open shots, rebounding, etc.  But when logic goes into it, you know, does he do anything great?  You guys ignore it or say "nobody is taking you serious."  Obviously something must be up if you have no true rebuttal.  

Being the number one guy, of which there are few, and being a role player are two completely different arguments though. 

Draymond Green is a monster defensive player and a triple double machine. Is some of that because of who he plays next to? Of course. But a lot of the greatness of Steph and Klay comes from everything Draymond does. It's reciprocal. 

Just now, Montsta said:

Being the number one guy, of which there are few, and being a role player are two completely different arguments though. 

Draymond Green is a monster defensive player and a triple double machine. Is some of that because of who he plays next to? Of course. But a lot of the greatness of Steph and Klay comes from everything Draymond does. It's reciprocal. 

See, now this actually is fair.  Draymond puts up his numbers because of Klay and Steph and the system.  Which is logical, you could argue hes a role player, which is also okay.  He's like the Rodman of the Warriors, he plays okay defense.  Rebounds decent, and unlike Rodman, he hits open jumpers on occasion.  Simple as that.  

18 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

See, now this actually is fair.  Draymond puts up his numbers because of Klay and Steph and the system.  Which is logical, you could argue hes a role player, which is also okay.  He's like the Rodman of the Warriors, he plays okay defense.  Rebounds decent, and unlike Rodman, he hits open jumpers on occasion.  Simple as that.  

If it wasn't for Kahwi Leonard, Draymond Green would be the back to back defensive player of the year. I believe he's been second in the voting the last two years. That deserves more credit than "he plays okay defense", wouldn't you agree?

Just now, Montsta said:

If it wasn't for Kahwi Leonard, Draymond Green would be the back to back defensive player of the year. I believe he's been second in the voting the last two years. That deserves more credit than "he plays okay defense", wouldn't you agree?

Eh, that's tough for me.  I honestly think Hassan had a better season than Draymond defensively.  

Hassan was getting Triple-Double's with blocks.  You don't see that anymore.  

Draymond is a good defender, but I also think he being in the Top 3 for DPOY the past two years shows the lack of defense played in today's NBA.  

45 minutes ago, nctarheel0619 said:

It seems most of the time when people talk about Draymond they overrate him. Calling him a top 5 player etc. But i must say, you're very much underrating him. He's not a number one scoring option, but he's great at what he does, defense (which is half the game, rebounding and playmaking) Every team needs a guy like him. Every time Steph is out i expect Draymond to suffer because "he's only good because of curry" but all he does is shine with the increase in usage. Did you see his game 3 numbers? The guy's a baller. 

And he's a better defender than Whiteside. Weakside blocks look pretty for sure, and he surely affected the Hornets series, but he's a flawed 1 on 1 defender. The boy Jonas was giving him the business. Whiteside has the potential to be better tho. 

5 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Is it just me or does Graham Gano look less like a kicker and more like a WR in that photo?

Gano has been known to run a fuger down. 

Also a standout track & field athlete, Gano was one of the state's top performers in the sprinting events. He captured three state titles in track at the 2005 FHSAA 3A District 1, winning the 100-meter dash, with a time of 10.55 seconds, the 200-meter dash, with a time of 21.70 seconds, and the 400-meter dash, with a time of 48.00 seconds.[6]

1 hour ago, PandaPancake said:

Gano has been known to run a fuger down. 

I feel like we have really missed out on the opportunity to run this sweet fake FG with Gano so far. Need to take advantage of his wheels. Please forward to Ron.

Archived