• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LT Tyrus Thompson cut by Lions (At Saints try out)

ctrcat

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

Remmers was on 5 different teams in 3 years before coming to Carolina

This is hands down is a good reason to do our due diligence, we've typically score on a situation like this because of our strong coaching staff usually working or being around greatness (Cam/Luke entering their prime) elevates your focus your game even your prep so we definitely should look into it.

53 minutes ago, Snake said:

Pretty dumb assessment knowing who our LT is. 

Our LT is a player that our OL coach had previous knowledge of and experience with and who was part of a team that drafted said LT in the 1st Round.

I repeat, the 1st Round.

Not 6th.

1st.

24 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Our LT is a player that our OL coach had previous knowledge of and experience with and who was part of a team that drafted said LT in the 1st Round.

I repeat, the 1st Round.

Not 6th.

1st.

What about our RT though?

3 minutes ago, Bartin said:

What about our RT though?

That's a different subject/question than the specific subject/question to which I was responding.

Here, let me refresh your memory:

Pretty dumb assessment knowing who our LT is. 

See?  Nothing about RT mentioned in what I was responding to.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

I repeat, the 1st Round.

Not 6th.

1st.

That's not what you said though. What you said was stupid considering how our line is constructed. 

7 hours ago, Panthro said:

If this impacts our josh Norman comp pick then we can forget about it

You're right.  I forgot about that.  Would not be worth giving up a 3rd round pick for a journeyman free agent.  Only question is, is there a difference between free agents who are looking for a better deal and players that are cut by their previous team.  Especially more than once.

37 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

You're right.  I forgot about that.  Would not be worth giving up a 3rd round pick for a journeyman free agent.  Only question is, is there a difference between free agents who are looking for a better deal and players that are cut by their previous team.  Especially more than once.

Cut players don't factor, only free agents. At least that is what I've read here. And even if it did count he has never taken a snap much less played in a game. There is no way he cancels out an all pro who left for 16M a year.

20 hours ago, jdpanther5 said:

I remember he and Williams were two of the last guys we worked out before last year's draft. We sent Matsko out to work them both out last minute, Voth even did a podcast with the two of them. 

He probably wouldn't make the squad but it wouldn't hurt to give him a look IMO. We have 5 roster spots and I can't imagine him commanding more than the minimum. 

It was brown instead of matsko. I remember the press conference, when it was questioned why they chose Williams over thompson(I think bill voth) I was hoping they'd go for troy clemmings, but he'd been flagged for a knee injury by other teams.

Funny cause both clemmings and Thompson where drafted by the Vikings. They cut Thompson and jags picked him up on their PS. All I heard about Thompson is hes one of those that has everything you want in a OT, but he's very lazy, doesn't care for football and not very smart. Almost the opposite of Williams far as the negatives, I doubt they want to bring Thompson into the family with his viruses.

On 5/9/2016 at 0:06 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Comp picks end May 12. 

Archived