• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LT Tyrus Thompson cut by Lions (At Saints try out)

ctrcat

2 hours ago, TylerVagyler said:

I'm not getting involved in Greg Hardy arguments. No need to derail another thread with him.

This was about a potential OT to take a chance on. I suggested another young talent that could be available. One that is proven on the field. You obviously disagree with going after him. But I think he'd be a nice pickup. He was in a terrible locker room which is obvious with the exodus that left with him. He'd have good leadership around him here as well as a great position coach.

Just answer all hardy congrats with good old "Yes, but can be pay left tackle?" ;)

On topic, there are plenty of guys that will come into "one year prove it"-contact territory next year if Oher wants to much money (like joeckel). And I honestly are starting to think that Gettleman's position on left tackle is that other team overvalue them (at top three pick or north of $12M for solid FAs). It could be time to get used to fourth rounders and $3M FAs holding the fort and a lot of max protection. 

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Lions do some stupid things.  Who gives up on a 2nd year player that quickly unless he has done something really stupid.

I am cautiously watching this.  I would definitely consider bringing him to compete for a backup spot.

Now everyone knows why DG let his go by.

Well, this is the 3rd team that had cut the guy in a year

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Lions do some stupid things.  Who gives up on a 2nd year player that quickly unless he has done something really stupid.

I am cautiously watching this.  I would definitely consider bringing him to compete for a backup spot.

Now everyone knows why DG let his go by.

He was not drafted by the Lions. 

He as cut in order to sign a tryout player. That should tell you something.

Archived