• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Panthers lineup of WFNZ this morning....

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

Hmm, he had 1 player(at a position we were stacked at) above Bradberry, and nobody above Worley/Sanchez when we picked.

Interesting, here are the guys taken between Bradberry and Worley:

31 (62)PanthersSamfordBradberry, James (CB)

We know it wouldn't be a CB, and looking at that list it's gotta be another DT, right? Gotsis, Collins, or Bullard. That is unless Dave really likes our DEs, he's been talking them up a lot but "stacked" would be a stretch. 

4 minutes ago, jdpanther5 said:

We know it wouldn't be a CB, and looking at that list it's gotta be another DT, right? Gotsis, Collins, or Bullard. That is unless Dave really likes our DEs, he's been talking them up a lot but "stacked" would be a stretch. 

From listening to him this morning, it sounds like he feels DE is stacked.  Just the feeling I got, when he was talking about each guy.

Zach Sanchez interview on now

"Luke best Linebacker in the league"

"Exciting to be a part of a young team lead by Cam with the swagger and Luke"

"I trust my technique and know I'm going to make a play, instead of trying to make a play every snap. Coaches want me to keep my aggressive nature but got to know when I can and when I cant"

A lot of basic bumpf...

"Amari Cooper - best receiver covered in college"

"biggest trash talker in college - Kevin White, you've got to talk a lot when your a DB out there to get in the WR head"

dreams of covering Dez the most in NFL, wants to intercept Brady

That's all, confident playmaker by the sounds of it.

Bradberry on now

"small school status fuels me, I proved I was just as athletic as the guys from bigger schools. I played the big schools, Sammi Coates and I did fine against them."

"compare myself like Aqib Talib (!), I'm versatile, can press, have good hips and feet, aggressive and can tackle, everything the Carolina Panthers look for in a corner, except I play as clean as possible."

"I got long arms,  I might as weel use them, when I get hold of someone they ain't going nowhere."

"Hard to get in trouble in Samford, good academic Christian school"

"I'm not a plumber, wasn't fixing the toilet, was replacing the toilet seat. Still hard though"

"Friend called me at the start of the second round got me frustrated because I thought it was a team, mum was in my ear to fix the toilet. I'm a competitive guy, Carolina was coming up and I remembered I had a visit and workout with them"

"Toilet never got fixed, just rolled out to Carolina"

Had a few different schools (all small) after me, transferred to Samford to play corner instead of Safety. I don't see people moving to safety as a bad thing, feel my versatility is a good thing. But I'm putting all my eggs in the corner basket and that's where Carolina want me to play."

"I met Worley the day after the draft, met Sanchez at the combine on the bus, Worley similar to me, Sanchez is a feisty guy, ballhawk type. Worley is my competition, aware of that"

"Rookie minicamp starts next Thursday"

3 hours ago, O-Ther said:

Here's the link to Gettleman's WFNZ interview this morning for all of us that live outside the Carolinas. Caution: Pop-up ad at start. In the interview, only 1 use of damn, but there is an image brought up in this radio interview that I can't unsee

http://wfnz.com/2016/05/06/dave-gettleman-on-norman-draft-critcis-and-more/

Saying they have an instinct for interceptions, those that intercept in college will in the NFL, and vice versa, confirms what was discussed during the draft-no interest in M. Alexander.

Archived