• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philly Brown had shoulder surgery

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The proof is not only in the eye test,  but the stats.  You are the one that called Moore averagee.  If you think Moore is average who arguably has superior stats compared to Philly's for their respective careers while simultaneously propping Philly up,  that is indicative of a little homerism and inconsistency. 

As for Moore,  you're the one that brought him up.  I haven't mentioned him since it was apparent he wasn't coming here,  and I think it's useless,  unnecessary and weak of you to rehash an old narrative,  especially when it really proves nothing.  Moore obviously has things other than football on his mind,  but I don't know and really could care less at this point.  I am interested in seeing what Norwood,  Hill,  Garrett,  Shostak,  and Byrd can bring to the table,  unlike you and others who are very dismissive of them at the expense of Brown. 

So now without even answering the question, you move the goal posts from hypocrisy, to homerism?

You're a bright guy, stop trying to be so blatantly retarded all the time. You are capable of framing an argument without all that.

Moore has been in the league 6 years, Brown is just now entering his 3rd season. What is there really to compare at this point? But if you want to get down to the nitty gritty, it's a what have you done for me lately league. Philly produced when called upon last season when KB was out.

Do me a favor, and go ahead and quote me where I've been overall dismissive of Norwood, Garrett, or Byrd. I actually was hopeful after the move for Norwood, and talked him up a bit, but that awful tipped pass in the red zone that turned into an interception did him no favors, that's his own fault. With Byrd, I talked about wanting to give him more opportunities last year before the season began, but it just didn't work out that way. Regarding Garrett, I think I've only made one or two posts about him, but I complimented him, and I'm hopeful he can become a contributor here, his tape is very encouraging, but there's no way to tell yet obviously. The only one out of those that I have been critical of is Hill, mostly because out of all of those guys, he has been given the most opportunities to stick with an NFL team, being a second round draft choice, unlike the undrafted, and late round guys whose opportunities are a precious few.

So, are you done throwing poo at the wall in a very poor attempt to claim that I apparently want every other WR on our roster not named KB, Funchess, Ginn, or Brown to fail? It was a pretty awful deflection to begin with, but now since that's been torpedoed out of the water it's just sunk to the deepest depths known to man. You got anything else?

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I will give it a rest,  but not before I respond. 

He may be on the 53, but it most likely will be on the bench.  And,  it really doesn't matter if the thread is bumped or not,  not unless Brown morphs into one of the better receivers in the league. As far as I'm concerned,  Brown proved my point last season,  which is that he and his production are easily replaceable. 

What do you consider easily replaceable?

So you'd say under 600 yards for the season, including playoffs? 

Remember he tore it up during the playoffs, brining in 113 yards during the ARI game and 80 yards in the SB before halftime. Not sure how that's "easily replaceable ".

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

So now without even answering the question, you move the goal posts from hypocrisy, to homerism?

You're a bright guy, stop trying to be so blatantly retarded all the time. You are capable of framing an argument without all that.

Moore has been in the league 6 years, Brown is just now entering his 3rd season. What is there really to compare at this point? But if you want to get down to the nitty gritty, it's a what have you done for me lately league. Philly produced when called upon last season when KB was out.

Do me a favor, and go ahead and quote me where I've been overall dismissive of Norwood, Garrett, or Byrd. 

You're one to refer to someone as retarded with as many snarky and insults that you sling around this place.

As for Moore, I stand by what I said. You can't call him mediocre without thinking the same of Brown. That's not such a "retarded" leap, regardless of your obviously "retarded" thoughts on the matter.

I like how you conveniently left out Hill, but let me refresh your memory. 

But people throwing Stephen Hill's name out as if that is an actual answer is pretty much laughable at best. Brown has at least done something in the NFL the last 3 years. The legend of Stephen Hill is just about reaching David Gettis levels of absurdity.

If the powers that be didn't see anything in Stephen Hill, then they wouldn't have brought him in, kept him on the roster, and talked positively about his hard work and effort pre and post injury. Gettleman, Proehl, Rivera, and Cam believe there may be untapped potential in Hill that will make this team better.  Is it likely? Maybe not, but I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt to compete, and I don't see anything funny in the slightest about it. I also think that it's patently stupid to impugn Norwood's ability to be a good receiver by clowning him for one unfortunate play out of less than a handful of snaps that he played in 2015. Clowning people in general is basically just immature (and a cheap way to get attention on a message board), much less someone who is on an NFL roster. 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're one to refer to someone as retarded with as many snarky and insults that you sling around this place.

As for Moore, I stand by what I said. You can't call him mediocre without thinking the same of Brown. That's not such a "retarded" leap, regardless of your obviously "retarded" thoughts on the matter.

I like how you conveniently left out Hill, but let me refresh your memory. 

If the powers that be didn't see anything in Stephen Hill, then they wouldn't have brought him in, kept him on the roster, and talked positively about his hard work and effort pre and post injury. Gettleman, Proehl, Rivera, and Cam believe there may be untapped potential in Hill that will make this team better.  Is it likely? Maybe not, but I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt to compete, and I don't see anything funny in the slightest about it. I also think that it's patently stupid to impugn Norwood's ability to be a good receiver by clowning him for one unfortunate play out of less than a handful of snaps that he played in 2015. Clowning people in general is basically just immature (and a cheap way to get attention on a message board), much less someone who is on an NFL roster. 

I specifically mentioned Hill in that post. Why did you omit that from your quote?

35 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I specifically mentioned Hill in that post. Why did you omit that from your quote?

Because I am preoccupied,  and only had time to gloss over your continued pontifications.  My observation concerning your irreverent attitude still stands however.  You call clowning Hill (and those that are hopeful that he can actually make a genuine contribution to the team) being critical.  I call it blatant foolishness at worse,  and an oversight at best. 

Being critical is being critical.   Being dismissive--basically bordering on disrespect is something else.  Being critical is saying something like: 

A still relatively young and inexperienced Hill has underperformed since he has been in the league,  but perhaps the change of scenery and great coaching can unlock some of the potential that led to Him being a second round pick. After all,  did come from an organization that was disjointed and ineffectively managed,  so maybe there is something behind the positive words from Ricky Proel,  Coach Rivera and others in reference to the seeming expectation that Hill can actually make an impact in some capacity on game days.  Until I see something on the field however,  I will remain skeptical and surprised if Hill can actually make the team,  much less crack the active roster. 

That is being critical.  You,  sir, are not being critical. 

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Because I am preoccupied,  and only had time to gloss over your continued pontifications.  My observation concerning your irreverent attitude still stands however.  You call clowning Hill (and those that are hopeful that he can actually make a genuine contribution to the team) being critical.  I call it blatant foolishness at worse,  and an oversight at best. 

Being critical is being critical.   Being dismissive--basically bordering on disrespect is something else.  Being critical is saying something like: 

A still relatively young and inexperienced Hill has underperformed since he has been in the league,  but perhaps the change of scenery and great coaching can unlock some of the potential that led to Him being a second round pick. After all,  did come from an organization that was disjointed and ineffectively managed,  so maybe there is something behind the positive words from Ricky Proel,  Coach Rivera and others in reference to the seeming expectation that Hill can actually make an impact in some capacity on game days.  Until I see something on the field however,  I will remain skeptical and surprised if Hill can actually make the team,  much less crack the active roster. 

That is being critical.  You,  sir, are not being critical. 

Wait.

You, of all people, after your lengthy posting history going out of your way to literally sh*t on Philly Brown at every opportunity, are attempting to take a moral stance about being "critical" of players, and not "disrespectful".

You can't be serious. Can't be.

This may be the most hypocritical, and blatantly ironic stance taken that I have ever seen attempted on the huddle in all these years of dialogue.

12 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Wait.

You, of all people, after your lengthy posting history going out of your way to literally sh*t on Philly Brown at every opportunity, are attempting to take a moral stance about being "critical" of players, and not "disrespectful".

You can't be serious. Can't be.

This may be the most hypocritical, and blatantly ironic stance taken that I have ever seen attempted on the huddle in all these years of dialogue.

I have never laughed at Brown or implied that he is some type of joke.  I don't clown players.  Really,  Red?  Saying that a player is replaceable,  JAG,  injury prone or needs to step up his production based on observation,  stats,  history or whatever isn't shitting on that player.  Get real.  Saying that a player is in danger of losing his spot on the roster for various reasons that are solely related to football isn't shitting on that player.  I have always been above board in my criticism of Brown,  and every other Panther.  You can't say the same. That's your way though.  You are one of the most pretentious posters on the Huddle. 

I have said before that I think Brown is a good guy.  He's just not as good of a receiver as he is a guy.  If he were, then his roster spot wouldn't be a question. I am not going to apologize for wanting better. Ever. Either he has to get better or lose his job to someone that is (including Hill or anyone else). 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I have never laughed at Brown or implied that he is some type of joke.  I don't clown players.  Really,  Red?  Saying that a player is replaceable,  JAG,  injury prone or needs to step up his production based on observation,  stats,  history or whatever isn't shitting on that player.  Get real.  Saying that a player is in danger of losing his spot on the roster for various reasons that are solely related to football isn't shitting on that player.  I have always been above board in my criticism of Brown,  and every other Panther.  You can't say the same. That's your way though.  You are one of the most pretentious posters on the Huddle. 

I have said before that I think Brown is a good guy.  He's just not as good of a receiver as he is a guy.  If he were, then his roster spot wouldn't be a question. I am not going to apologize for wanting better. Ever. Either he has to get better or lose his job to someone that is (including Hill or anyone else). 

I never said anything out of the way personally about Hill. I've talked about him maybe a handful of times on the huddle.

You've popped up in pretty much every thread we've ever had about Brown just to "clown" on him, and talk about why he'll be cut this time.

If Brown were replaced with a better player tomorrow, I wouldn't blink. It would mean our team improved, and that's what it's about at the end of the day. The team.

But don't try to play the morality angle. It's gonna blow up in your face.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

I never said anything out of the way personally about Hill. I've talked about him maybe a handful of times on the huddle.

You've popped up in pretty much every thread we've ever had about Brown just to "clown" on him, and talk about why he'll be cut this time.

If Brown were replaced with a better player tomorrow, I wouldn't blink. It would mean our team improved, and that's what it's about at the end of the day. The team.

But don't try to play the morality angle. It's gonna blow up in your face.

Whatever,  Red.  You're full of poo and you know it.  The Huddle knows you and the Huddle knows me. I don't clown players or Huddlers for that matter.  You do. End of story. 

23 hours ago, Bartin said:

So Philly had like double Funchess' snaps but got less targets and Philly is the one who gets open, runs great routes and gets separation. Does not compute.

There are a lot of things that go into a WR getting, or not getting targets. As Philly only dropped 1 pass last year, it would seem to me he warrants more targets. But I ain't the QB, Cam is. There must be a reason Cam didn't target Philly more. But I'll be darned if I know what it is.

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

I will give it a rest,  but not before I respond. 

He may be on the 53, but it most likely will be on the bench.  And,  it really doesn't matter if the thread is bumped or not,  not unless Brown morphs into one of the better receivers in the league. As far as I'm concerned,  Brown proved my point last season,  which is that he and his production are easily replaceable. 

Philly has no control over the amount of passes that come his way. You make it sound like he is inferior just because his targets are low compared to the number of plays he gets. We do run the ball more than we pass, which could be one of the reasons his targets are down.

The coaches obviously like Philly. Why else would he get so many plays? The ONLY one who truly knows why he gets so little targets...IS...Cam.

It does boggle my mind that the ONE WR who can actually catch a pass doesn't get more targets.

That said. If the coaches feel Hill is ready, or Norwood for that matter, I will hope for the best. All I care about, and that goes for most fans as well, is that the best players play.

Archived