• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philly Brown had shoulder surgery

Jeremy Igo

According to our good buddy BBR

http://blackandbluereview.com/philly-brown-shoulder-surgery/

Brown's previously unreported procedure is arguably the biggest setback among the group. The Panthers will keep at most six receivers on their final 53-man roster. Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess and Ted Ginn Jr. are locks. That leaves Brown in a bunch that includes Brenton Bersin, Stephen Hill, Kevin Norwoodand undrafted free agent Keyarris Garrett.

3 minutes ago, pepaw said:

The thing about Philly, if we let him walk and Ted gets hurt, we have no speed to blow the top off.  

Never understood this obsession with Philly's speed.  I've never been blown away with his speed.  He looks quicker than fast to me.  Ginn would blow his doors off in a foot race.

brown and garrett get roster spots imo, unless garrett just sucks butt in camp.

not really a big win or loss for the WR6 spot no matter how it shakes out, though bersin seems to be the best candidate by a good bit based on performance.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Never understood this obsession with Philly's speed.  I've never been blown away with his speed.  He looks quicker than fast to me.  Ginn would blow his doors off in a foot race.

ran a 4.51 at the combine. Not great for a guy his size. 

6 minutes ago, pepaw said:

The thing about Philly, if we let him walk and Ted gets hurt, we have no speed to blow the top off.  

When was last Philly left a DB in dust? Just completely blew by him?

Philly isn't really a deep threat,

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He was fast in comparison to the rest of our glacial 2014 WR group so I think it comes from that but he isn't anywhere near fast for an NFL WR.

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

When was last Philly left a DB in dust? Just completely blew by him?

Philly isn't really a deep threat,

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

ran a 4.51 at the combine. Not great for a guy his size. 

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There were some big plays against Houston, GB, Arizona and Tampa Bay and one in the Super Bowl. I'm not saying he's a great deep threat, just the best one besides Ginn that I'm aware of, 

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Stephen Hill 

I've never seen Hill play but if you're excited about him that's encouraging. 

Archived