• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's play pick two running backs

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Well if you don't look good against backups, you probably aren't going to look good against starters.

Hard to know if he is going to take that next step if he doesn't get the reps.

That's a good point and I have nothing against Wegher and would LOVE to see the kid become a beast.

I was only responding to the idea that a guy who gets 4+ yards per carry in the NFL regular season is MEH and a guy who never got a carry but did some good stuff against players that couldn't make an NFL squad is LOVED. 

Fozzy and CAP

Fozzy is a solid 3rd down/scat back type who has shown he can make plays for us.

CAP looked very quick and explosive even with his limited carries. I like his potential.

Wegher has decent straight line speed and that seems to be about it. Never understood the hype around this guy.

2 minutes ago, nickzz said:

Wegher has decent straight line speed and that seems to be about it. Never understood the hype around this guy.

Hell of a good story getting to the NFL.  Want to see him against the 1's/2's before I pass much of a judgment.  I really like his tenacity though.

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

That's a good point and I have nothing against Wegher and would LOVE to see the kid become a beast.

I was only responding to the idea that a guy who gets 4+ yards per carry in the NFL regular season is MEH and a guy who never got a carry but did some good stuff against players that couldn't make an NFL squad is LOVED. 

Not sure about others, but I wouldn't classify either him, or CAP as "meh" or something similar.

They have plenty of potential. I would more than happy to see either of them or both put up good numbers here as a starter.

If that means taking Fozzy's spot, so be it. I just want the best running backs on the field, so we can take pressure off of Cam. Because our team has not won all that often when we've had to lean on Cam too much in the run game.

Like I said though, CAP isn't helping himself any by getting arrested. No matter how minor the offense, for a 5th round rookie who finished the year with a fumble in the playoffs, that's not a great way to go into 2016. Let's hope he comes into camp, and preseason showing out, because he is probably going to need that, and more with some quality competition.

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

CAP isn't helping himself any by getting arrested

Considering my background, you must understand that I was probably the one guy on this forum MOST pissed off about that.

Additionally, the Auburn starter the year before CAP, Tre Mason, went utterly crazy in his car as well, resisted arrest, got tazed, and got arrested this offseason.

Both guys, while at Auburn, were solid as rocks behavior-wise (or, if they weren't, they kept it behind closed doors), so I'm as surprised as anybody.  And, yes, any back-up running back is always riding the NFL edge between active and cut, so doing stupid things doesn't ever help.

Most are missing the biggest deciding factor- contract.

Wegner and CAP are under contract for around 500,000 per for the next three years. ( Wegner can be tendered)

Fozzy only has one year leftd at 680,000.

Unless cap and Wegner crap the bed, they are the answer. (Unless fozzy signs a 2yr 500k per extension). The kickoff rule changed again this year, now touch backs start at the 25. That makes fozzys ST value next to zero on returns. Webb, boykin, cap, wegner, Ginn, or token WR can take a knee or bring it to get similar results. I feel Wegner would be a beast on 4phrase STs, he needs to focus on learning the playbook. Cap has experience in the run option, he needs to focus on not fumbling.

Panthers looooooove fozzy for somereason and I believe I found out why. Hes the lost love child of RB coach Jim Skipper....... Jokes aside, fozzy doesn't stay healthy either. I will say out of the three, fozzy is the better 3rd down RB. But toldozer is better than fozzy for 3rd, so there's that.

Keep Cap and Fozzy.

Fozzy looked to be the best back in the passing game last year, and Cap looked pretty good against the Falcons last year. Like stated above, I believe we win that ATL game if Cap is consistently used

That's a puzzling choice for me. I haven't much from all 3. I think that CAP was given the most opportunities and I wasn't impressed. Especially with his ball security and or timing there of. We should get a better sample size during TC and Preseason.  

3 hours ago, MV%doe said:

Most are missing the biggest deciding factor- contract.

Wegner and CAP are under contract for around 500,000 per for the next three years. ( Wegner can be tendered)

Fozzy only has one year leftd at 680,000.

Unless cap and Wegner crap the bed, they are the answer. (Unless fozzy signs a 2yr 500k per extension). The kickoff rule changed again this year, now touch backs start at the 25. That makes fozzys ST value next to zero on returns. Webb, boykin, cap, wegner, Ginn, or token WR can take a knee or bring it to get similar results. I feel Wegner would be a beast on 4phrase STs, he needs to focus on learning the playbook. Cap has experience in the run option, he needs to focus on not fumbling.

Panthers looooooove fozzy for somereason and I believe I found out why. Hes the lost love child of RB coach Jim Skipper....... Jokes aside, fozzy doesn't stay healthy either. I will say out of the three, fozzy is the better 3rd down RB. But toldozer is better than fozzy for 3rd, so there's that.

Fozzy is not getting more than the minimum so contract really isn't an issue. Fozzy is 27 and the other two are 23ish so age should be a factor. Take the younger guy if the bottom two are equal.

Archived