• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's play pick two running backs

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

I'm pretty sure too that CAP had another game where he dropped the ball but recovered it himself, thus not being charged with a fumble.

You get charged with a fumble, even if you recover it. 

The reason Cam is charged for those, is because it's his responsibility to get the ball in the RB's hands.  If it happens after the RB has possession, then they get charged.

One legit fumble and a screw-up---lack of chemistry--between him and Cam due to not having enough time to work together hardly means there is some ongoing problem,  or even a foreboding of a problem.  

He needs more reps as a pro to really come to any conclusions. That's just the bottom line. 

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

One legit fumble and a screw-up---lack of chemistry--between him and Cam due to not having enough time to work together hardly means there is some ongoing problem,  or even a foreboding of a problem.  

He needs more reps as a pro to really come to any conclusions. That's just the bottom line. 

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You call out one player to defend another? That's rather bizarre logic. Especially considering most of our offense struggled in SB50.

Anyways, the coaches didn't give him anymore reps in the postseason after that fumble. What do they know though.

I think you just argue to hear yourself do it.  Did you even read what I typed?  I didn't call him out to defend anyone.  It is a legitimate comparison, to make the point.  One fumble(CAP's case), or two fumbles(Tolbert's case) doesn't mean they have a fumbling problem.  Please, tell me how I'm calling out anyone in that statement, or the one before...

13 hours ago, stan786 said:

Artis Payne, Wegher.  Artis Payne because he deserves an extra year to prove himself before that mythical 2017 running back class comes out.  Wegher as long as he is making progress, we hid him on the roster all year long for a reason and I don't feel like its just because he can play special teams personally.  Fozzy is a nice running back to have on the roster but we know his ceiling.

yup Jstew will be 30 by the time 2017 nfl draft hits the Panthers are going to start looking for someone reliable to groom to replace his starting position. If he has a simuliar or even better performance than this past season I don't think the Panthers will be desperate to replace him just yet though. Itll be huge if he also is healthy for most of the season again .

I honestly just want some clarity at our #2 and maybe #3 RB positions. I feel like I saw good and bad flashes from CAP but I don't feel like there was a large enough sample size .  Since the panthers liked to run Tolbert a good bit too I hope we can see much more of CAP , Fozzy, and give Wegher an actual chance to see what he can do in a real game.

I'd rather see Cameron-Artis Payne, and Wegher backing up Stewart if we only keep three backs this season. I like Whittaker, but he seems to get nicked up regularly and misses time, also he doesn't strike me as anything more than a change of pace runner. 

Wegher showed he has the ability to be explosive last pre-season as well as power to compliment it, CAP reminds me a lot of Stewart he's patient and he fights for yards on contact. 

Off Topic : I'd personally like for us to have a pure speed back that we can utilize in space, I think our offense could truly use that type of player. Guys like that can really help out the pass game when teams are able to match up outside. Vs DEN a solid screen game/threat slows that pass rush down, and eliminates the man defense with the blitz pressure. 

I would really love to see that aspect of our offense expand, we were effective but there are still areas where we can grow. 

21 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I thought I remembered another one as well, but I can't find any in the game logs for the regular season.

Fumbling in the playoffs against a team that has had our number for the past few seasons until recently is a problem.

I can't imagine that you were very complimentary of him at the time of that fumble while watching the game. Does this mean that I think we should just get rid of now or something absurd like that? No, let him prove himself, he was a rookie. But let's not lie to ourselves here.

Can you imagine if he fumbled twice in the Super Bowl and both lead to scores? That would be horrific.

1 minute ago, csx said:

Can you imagine if he fumbled twice in the Super Bowl and both lead to scores? That would be horrific.

Well based on that logic, I guess we should pack his bags, along with Cam, and Tolbert.

Back to reality, nobody that I've seen is suggesting that Artis-Payne should not be allowed to redeem himself, or should be cut immediately.

CAP, Wehger.

Fozzy is all he is going to be.

Wehger is a hungry young back with everything to lose if he doesn't make it. (='s Hungry)

CAP is a good young back that can grow in this system.

(CAP will have to show he is reliable by cleaning up the off field issues as well as working on ball security)

CAP may have only had 2 fumbles, but it was 2 fumbles in 48 attempts(45 reg, 3 post). That's a bad ratio. Even if you credit the other one to Cam, 1 fumble per 48 attempts is not good. Obviously that's a very small sample size to go off so I went to look if it was a problem in college but couldn't find any fumble stats for his time at Auburn.

I did find this and it doesn't appear he had more than 4 in 2014, so 4 or less fumbles in 303 attempts is pretty good. That would indicate he doesn't actually have a fumble problem since the correlation between fumbles in college and fumbles in the NFL is very high.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/fumbles?season_id=112

Archived