• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's play pick two running backs

Jeremy Igo

This really depends on how much Wegher has progressed since last year and even at that - it's probably not fair to judge him at this point 

Gun to my head I'd guess Wegher gets the boot

Either way- I see us using a 1st or 2nd round pick on a RB next year. 

3 minutes ago, carolina-chuck2 said:

I'm not keeping him to just play ST

Somebody has to play special teams.  You realize special teams players exist right? He makes 680k a year.

CAP and Wegher were old rookies, they'll both be 26 this season while Fozzy will be 27. I'm not sure any of them have a whole lot of room to grow. I'd guess Fozzy and CAP would be the 2 in this scenario, though I'm rooting for Wegher (I could also see them keeping all of them). I also think Devon Johnson is interesting as a RB/FB hybrid, as we haven't had a true, punishing FB in awhile. 

Fozzy is the safest of the 3 based on 2015. He was the only ST guy (whos the other kickoff guys to supplant him). Best guy out of the backfield for screens and a better blocker than CAP or Wegher. If they find a guy on the roster (excluding tolbert or stewie) or off the street who can do those 2 things better out of the backfield, then he will be gone.

Between CAP and Wegher, I like the Wegher story but he needs to show that can come against at least 2s if not 1s. CAP showed he can go against that level and be serviceable. Now his huge knock so far: hold onto the ball. If he focus on that he will be hard to displace as the long term guy.

So for now status quo

Fozzy and CAP. Subject to FA and camp obviously.

Seriously keep the two that play the best in camp and preseason so this is to be determined. We need someone who shows they can hold onto the ball, and equally importantly pick up a blitz to protect the Franchise while also demonstrating your expected RB skills.

But I hope Getts watches the NFL wires very closely as I'd like to see a proven Vet on a one or two year contract added to the roster.

2 hours ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Foz and Weg. I don't think that CAP is a true Panther. He just got arrested, doesn't seem part of the RB room socially 

Aren't you assuming that he isn't socially with the other RBs? Like damn where did you get that info?

Archived