• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's play pick two running backs

Jeremy Igo

Artis Payne, Wegher.  Artis Payne because he deserves an extra year to prove himself before that mythical 2017 running back class comes out.  Wegher as long as he is making progress, we hid him on the roster all year long for a reason and I don't feel like its just because he can play special teams personally.  Fozzy is a nice running back to have on the roster but we know his ceiling.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sound reasoning.

Honestly, I haven't seen much from Wegher besides preseaso. CAPs game where he had 100 years sits well with me. Fozzys screen for a TD against Zona in the Wildcard game two years ago will forever be remembered by me. I don't know why, it was just cool. So, those are my picks.

SImple.  You pick the 2 guys who show the most in preseason and up to final cuts.  The guys with the inside track are obviously CAP and Fozzy.  It is up to Wegher to show the coaches they have to keep him because he brings great special teams as well as starter potential when Stewart gets injured.  If you want to be the man, you have to beat  the man............

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Do u make sure each gets time against first and second defenses?

Yes. Rest Stewart since you already know what you have in him. Play him a series or two each game, maybe even later in the game. Just so he gets game experience with any changes put in place. Then the other 3 rotate in to ensure they play against ones and twos. 3rd game should have 0 plays for stewart.

Cameron Artis Payne

Brandon Wegher

Young guns. CAP seems to be a patient guy, or at least running. He reminds me of an old man I have no idea why. Big fan of him snagging us 8 yards. Wheger reminds me of a Skinny Tolbert. If Tolbert got hurt I would like to see Brandon do what he does.. great catching out of the backfield. Strong guy to take blocks.. pretty damn explosive as well. I feel like these 2 guys can grind out a running game.. and that is what we do.

I love Fozzy.. but I think these 2 younger guys are more well rounded and can only get better.

Archived