• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers lose a couple from college scouting staff

Jeremy Igo

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article75402857.html

The Carolina Panthers’ college scouting department is undergoing change a few days after the draft wrapped up.

Assistant college scouting director Ryan Cowden is leaving to take a position in the Tennessee Titans’ front office and college scout John Peterson is retiring, according to league sources.

This is the first time Dave has lost college scouts. 

He never brought in his own folks once he was hired. Now he has that opportunity.

Could his drafting get better? 

I have a feeling this won't be the last time we see news like this, Premier League cinderealla story Leicester City just had their two primary scouts poached by bigger clubs and with the way we are drafting and scouting, some of the mid-level guys here could be in line for a promotion with other clubs. It would be a major sign of continued success if our backroom staff gets snagged to bigger positions around the league.

And now DG gets to pick his own scouts, oh boy that should scare the rest of the division

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I think DG may know a few qualified people for the job and I'm sure he'll still have an input. 

A guy he worked with at the Giants from 1998 to 2002 just got let go from the Titans, fella by the name of Marv Sunderland (new GM wants his own people).

Archived