• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner hires new representation...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Growl said:

If we don't show a willingness to spend some money there aren't gonna be any rings, that's for sure 

No doubt and I wasn't implying otherwise. What I am implying is that players "Norman" can price themselves off a team, that with them has a better chance of getting rings!

10 minutes ago, London Loves Luke said:

How much are top end guards worth nowadays? 8-9 mil?

kelechi osemele is averaging $11.7 million/year but that's the highest by a few million

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

as the cap ceiling continues to rise i'd think that number is only going to become more normal though

7 hours ago, cam1uvrxoxo said:

Agree that Kalil's salary will soon become burdensome.  Gonna suck bc he anchors two very talented and very young guards and gives us three studs in the interior of the OL.  But he's getting old and you can't play forever..

His contract is in its final year and his cap hit went down from last season. 

36 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

kelechi osemele is averaging $11.7 million/year but that's the highest by a few million

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

as the cap ceiling continues to rise i'd think that number is only going to become more normal though

Man I hate stupid GMs and desperate teams that overpay crappy FAs and screw up the market for the rest of us.

I would be shocked if Gettleman let go of a young physical hog mollie like Trai..someone he drafted and who has earned a new contract doing things the panther way.  Seems like exactly the kind of guy Gettleman would be willing to invest big money into. That being said, he's proven that he is willing to let a big dog go if he thinks they are asking for too much... He will stay firm in what he believes and I think he is just that confident in his drafting and scouting abilities. The Giants had a history when he was there of not giving out humongous contracts.  I remember them signing certain players and thinking, "how did they get them to take that deal??"  They were a good team so their players were willing to take a little less than what they could have gotten elsewhere.  Trai probably needs to do the same.

But.....Trai ain't gonna take a #SVCKA's deal.. so if Trai's agent is looking around the league to see what the top guards are getting (like J No), and Gettleman feels like its too much, who knows?  I'm just playing devil's advocate.  I think he stays.   I am interested to see what happens to Michael Oher.  How much money did he earn himself last year and is Gettleman willing to match that price?  Same with Andrew Norwell.  

Archived