• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garrett > Funchess?

dldove77

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Maybe we should let Garrett make it through at least one actual NFL practice.

Historically, when huddlers have placed such lofty expectations on players, it rarely actually works out that way. In fact, you may have just cursed the dude before he ever even plays a down. Great job.

Heaven forbid I place such lofty expectations on him such as being better than the elite wide receiver Devin Funchess, whose 473 yards and 5 touchdowns single handedly took us to the Super Bowl!

What have I wrought on poor Garrett?

1 minute ago, dldove77 said:

Heaven forbid I place such lofty expectations on him such as being better than the elite wide receiver Devin Funchess, whose 473 yards and 5 touchdowns single handedly took us to the Super Bowl!

So this is about bashing Funchess now? Stop

14 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Benjamin-Funchess-Garrett the Tri-Angle? Triple Threat? FunGarBen? BenFunGar? 3 Ring Circus? 3 Witches of McBeth? 3 Legmen? 3 Mile Island?

13 minutes ago, Bartin said:

GarFunKel

nailed it!

Takin' Garr of Benj-Chess!! 

57 minutes ago, dldove77 said:

The last bit was sarcasm.

But in all seriousness, there was a lot of talk around here about Funchess maybe even becoming the better WR over even Benjamin in mini camp after some impressive performances.

We know what happened after that, several games into the season, people openly began wondering if Funchess was a bad pick. Fast forward to the end of the season, and suddenly everybody loves him again, and he's on his way to being a solid #2.

You can't expect things to go the way you think they will. In all likelihood, whether Garrett is successful or doesn't work out, there are going to be struggles along the way, and people are going to have to be patient.

Regardless, this is the same message board that lauded David Gettis as the next great WR, so forgive me if I'm a little apprehensive at placing absurd expectations on Garrett out of the gate.

Archived