• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Garrett > Funchess?

dldove77

1 hour ago, dldove77 said:

I've watched Garrett's highlights for last season and the game against Oklahoma. Am I crazy, or does he look like a better long term prospect than Funchess? Funchess is a great guy and made progress last year, but I don't know if he's a legit number two. 

I see good hands, good speed, burner catches, sideline catches, catches in traffic. Just don't know about the route running...need to look a little deeper. 

Am I crazy? 

I personally think he will have a better rookie season than Funch did. The key with him though is his health

1 minute ago, LUUUUUKE said:

I personally think he will have a better rookie season than Funch did. The key with him though is his health

Finally someone can get on board with this hot take.

Vindication. 

I love Garrett's story.  Then again, I love a good story!  Funchess struggled, but got better and better as the season and post season happened.  Will Garrett come out and steal Devin's spot?  Doubtful.  Funchess is a pro at this point, and he's got some real experience.  Garrett has a lot of wonderful intangibles, but it isn't even rookie camp.

Let's at least see Garrett in the preseason.  If he comes out and dominates the preseason, then we could be having a different discussion.

2 minutes ago, dldove77 said:

Are you using a college highlight to show me why Funchess is a better pro? 

As opposed to what you did in the OP to proclaim Garrett is a better player than Funchess. Hypocrisy much?

Maybe we should let Garrett make it through at least one actual NFL practice.

Historically, when huddlers have placed such lofty expectations on players, it rarely actually works out that way. In fact, you may have just cursed the dude before he ever even plays a down. Great job.

Archived