• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers list Jeremy Cash as linebacker.

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, crushcard1976 said:

11 minutes ago, csx said:

I'd take what Rivera says over the scouts. It's in his hands now. Like I said, Cash said himself he discussed being used as both with the team.

Normally I'd consider it, but unfortunately, I can't get behind the source.  David Newton is the last person I trust with any kind of legitimate information.  I have to go with what the official Panthers site says, how they have him listed, and other trusted sources that are saying pretty much the same thing.  That's just me though.  

Also Don Gregory is not just a scout.  He's a panthers employee, listed as director of college scouting.

5 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

Normally I'd consider it, but unfortunately, I can't get behind the source.  David Newton is the last person I trust with any kind of legitimate information.  I have to go with what the official Panthers site says, how they have him listed, and other trusted sources that are saying pretty much the same thing.  That's just me though.  

Also Don Gregory is not a scout.  He's a panthers employee, listed as director of college scouting.

Newton may be a hack, but he is definitely above fabricating direct quotes from the head coach of the team he covers which is what is in the article. Though what Rivera described in those quotes is essentially a LB.

Just now, Bartin said:

Newton may be a hack, but he is definitely above fabricating direct quotes from the head coach of the team he covers which is what is in the article.

Did I say he fabricated anything?  No.  I don't trust what he says, because he's not accurate, and has a track record to prove it. Hell, look at what he posts on twitter during a presser.  Half the time, his quotes aren't even close to the other beat writers/media sources.  I never said he made anything up.

Archived