• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers list Jeremy Cash as linebacker.

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Nick_81 said:

Wow, I just saw that 20 teams contacted Cash.  Came down to us and Cincinnati.  

Yup... great for us.  Here's more, from David Newton:

http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0518875808144563093-4

Twenty NFL teams called Duke safety Jeremy Cash after the draft. It came down to the Panthers and Cincinnati. Carolina coach Ron Rivera was thrilled to get him. "That's big for us.," Rivera said. "We look at Jeremy as a young man that can fill a specific niche for us. We play so much nickel package now, to have a guy with his ability, especially up in the box, it could be a beneficial thing for us. There's some things we think he can do for us, whether it's a safety up in the box or a nickel for us. We feel very fortunate to have him on the team.''

Yeah.  I told you guys this in the UDFA thread :-P. Just kidding

He is valuable because of his versatility.  This was a really good pick up for the type of defense we like to play (a lot of nickel packages)

7 hours ago, SpclKen said:

This is why he went undrafted despite a stellar college career. He played a hybrid Box Safety, LB, Rover position at Duke, which no team runs in the NFL. He most closely translates to a LB (100 tackels a year) in NFL schemes, but he only weighs 200 lbs. I say you PS him, get him with an NFL nutritionist and in the weight room and he can turn in to an excellent WLB.

Hes 211

quit skewing numbers to support your argument

give him a season and he will bulk up to LB size

7 hours ago, SpclKen said:

This is why he went undrafted despite a stellar college career. He played a hybrid Box Safety, LB, Rover position at Duke, which no team runs in the NFL. He most closely translates to a LB (100 tackels a year) in NFL schemes, but he only weighs 200 lbs. I say you PS him, get him with an NFL nutritionist and in the weight room and he can turn in to an excellent WLB.

That is exactly the plan, if I were to guess. WLB.  You have to think we are getting close the end of the TD era, and we will have the personnel to transition when that time comes.

9 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

Makes sense since all the highlight videos i've seen was him playing the run.

He is 100% in the box.  I think Duke ran a weird D--like a 4-2-5 or something, which could be why so many clubs passed on him.  He is going to make this team.

The very first result on YouTube has plenty of pass play highlights 

the PFF guest on wfnz today said they had him as the 6th best SS in terms of coverage. Whatever you think of PFF it seems his coverage issues are being blown out of proportion.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is 100% in the box.  I think Duke ran a weird D--like a 4-2-5 or something, which could be why so many clubs passed on him.  He is going to make this team.

It's basically the exact same position Sua Cravens played at USC and he went in the 2nd to the Redskins.

Archived