• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Funchess Reminder

Jeremy Igo

On 6/1/2016 at 4:49 PM, Razeyfingers said:

Its not about having the speed that scares the DB, Hatter, thats my point. Its about having the  speed , size and or skill to get by him. Speed is just one variable but you can make do with the other two like KB and Philly do. Thats what youre not understanding here. 

Philly gets deep

KB gets deep

Many receivers not named Ginn get deep

What you will no longer get with Ginn gone is someone that can completely run by someone. That doesnt in anyway mean that Cam wont have a deep option. His deep option may not be 3 strides ahead on a go route but Ginn also likely isnt going to catch a deep slant or deep out/in. Philly and KB can do that, Ginn cant. Im trying to explain to you that if you draw a grid on the defense, we will still be attacking those back 3 grids all day without Ginn on the field regardless. KB gets there and so does Philly, Funch did a lil too. Funch will be even better this year.

This most worthless receiver on the "Huddlers making it" squad right now is Ginn by far. I only see him as an ST's vet now, thats all. He shouldnt line up wide at all this year imo. 

Its not about having the speed that scares the DB, Hatter, thats my point. Its about having the  speed , size and or skill to get by him. Speed is just one variable but you can make do with the other two like KB and Philly do. Thats what youre not understanding here. 

Philly gets deep

KB gets deep

What you will no longer get with Ginn gone is someone that can completely run by someone. That doesnt in anyway mean that Cam wont have a deep option. His deep option may not be 3 strides ahead on a go route but Ginn also likely isnt going to catch a deep slant or deep out/in. Philly and KB can do that, Ginn cant. Im trying to explain to you that if you draw a grid on the defense, we will still be attacking those back 3 grids all day without Ginn on the field regardless. KB gets there and so does Philly, Funch did a lil too. Funch will be even better this year.

This most worthless receiver on the "Huddlers making it" squad right now is Ginn by far. I only see him as an ST's vet now, thats all. He shouldnt line up wide at all this year imo. 

Philly gets deep

KB gets deep

Philly gets deep

KB gets deep

How can you call Ginn worthless? He had 10 touchdowns last year.

58 minutes ago, Razeyfingers said:

You're right, that was wrong of me. Ginn is a good receiver, he would be the least talented. Excuse me. 

I think I WR who gets 10ds would have to be talented,  name me another WR with a 10td season who isn't talented.     No need for the sarcasm 

What you will no longer get with Ginn gone is someone that can completely run by someone.

I have to disagree with that. You're welcome to think he's lost his speed in one year but I don't think so.

"At 30, Ginn still can turn on the jets when he has to as he did on a couple of deep patterns during Thursday’s workout. Wide receivers coach Ricky Proehl would put his money on Ginn over receivers Corey Brown and Stephen Hill and safety Colin Jones as the fastest player on the team."  http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/13856/panthers-wr-ted-ginn-jr-still-stands-out-because-of-his-speed

12 hours ago, luke262 said:

I think I WR who gets 10ds would have to be talented,  name me another WR with a 10td season who isn't talented.     No need for the sarcasm 

welllll, I hear you brother, but Cam plays a large role in that, the system plays a large role in that, hell. . J Stew plays a role in that. I like ginn, wanted back as soon as we let him go. This is the new Panthers though. . as I said he is the least talented of the 5 we will keep. 

I didnt say he wasnt talented. I specifically corrected myself and it wasnt enough for you?

11 hours ago, caatfan said:

I have to disagree with that. You're welcome to think he's lost his speed in one year but I don't think so.

"At 30, Ginn still can turn on the jets when he has to as he did on a couple of deep patterns during Thursday’s workout. Wide receivers coach Ricky Proehl would put his money on Ginn over receivers Corey Brown and Stephen Hill and safety Colin Jones as the fastest player on the team."  http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/13856/panthers-wr-ted-ginn-jr-still-stands-out-because-of-his-speed

you misunderstood the comment then. thats not what I said.

8 hours ago, Razeyfingers said:

you misunderstood the comment then. thats not what I said.

I quoted what you said, and disagreed with it, since Ginn CAN still "completely run by someone". He can completely run by a lot of someones. Is he as fast as he ever was? Probably not, but he's still fast enough to outrun a lot of NFL corners.

1 hour ago, caatfan said:

I quoted what you said, and disagreed with it, since Ginn CAN still "completely run by someone". He can completely run by a lot of someones. Is he as fast as he ever was? Probably not, but he's still fast enough to outrun a lot of NFL corners.

Yeah, but you missed the part where he siad "With Ginn GONE".... meaning, no one else has his speed to run by defenders. Not entirely sure I agree with his statement, but you are completely bottling it.

Archived