• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Funchess Reminder

Jeremy Igo

11 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Yup. And I don't get why everyone is so quick to get rid of Philly. That sumbitch is slowly becoming a pretty good WR.

I don't believe that people want to completely get rid of Philly,  as much as they want to put him back on the bench as a possible depth player. Philly left a lot of meat on the bone from sheer opportunity.  As much as he was in,  he should have produced more. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/02/02/fantasy-introducing-wide-receiver-efficiency-rating/

"Credit should be given to Ginn for getting open when he was asked to but I think the interesting takeaway here is that the Panthers’ receivers did much better than anticipated. Although none of them played more than 70 percent of the team’s snaps, the Panthers’ wide receivers were very efficient... While none of these guys were established top weapons and probably would not have done as well if they played more often, they did quite well in limited time. Ginn finished fourth, Devin Funchess was 21st, Jerricho Cotchery was 55th, and Corey Brown was the only one who was underwhelming at 115th. Brown played the most but only a little bit more than Ginn, so this group averages out to a pretty good efficiency rating. "

On an off note,  I am hoping that our new UDFA can be the next  Alshon. 

Philly if I recall was the least productive number 2 WR in the entire NFL. I don't understand the love affair? there were games last season were he disappeared, he didn't have one game with over 100 yards receiving the entire regular season.  

I wouldn't be be one bit suprise if Garrett beats out both Philly and Funchess.

Philly is a really good #4 wideout imo

hes been forced to play more of a role cause of our WR predicaments ast few years. I feel he can come in on a crucial down and make a clutch catch. Lot of weapons to account for on our Offense. He can be that guy no one accounts for

I'm fine with Philly, it's Ginn that bothers me. If he could only catch the damn ball more than 50% of the time the I would love Ginn. Really want an improved version of Ginn.

Cooks

Devin Smith

Corey Coleman

These three have been my draft favs each year but Dave insist on toying with my emotions about getting that Deep Threat WR

More deep threats? KB Funch and Brown are all deep threats. Funch will be this year Im speculating. Not so much last year, but KB and Brown are definitely deep threats. Brown just needs KB/Olsen to take safeties off of him and then its take flight time. Funch may be ready this year to go downfield more too. He will have to learn how to run a few more difficult deep routes and then he's pretty complete. DB's are gonna hate us this year and it may change team's offensive philosophies after they watch us.

Here's to staying healthy, fellas.

17 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Last year Funchess was about as green as a NFL rookie can be. Not much football experience under his belt.

We saw him grow from week to week and by the end of the season he was a solid piece of the puzzle.

Fast forward to September when he has a full season, post season, another entire offseason under his belt.

Thia year,I suspect Devin will be as big of a receiving threat as KB was his rookie year.

That is all.

I couldn't agree more.  Inject 2 physically dominant receivers (Funch was rook, KB hurt) and possibly Daryl Williams and his mammoth ass, another year of maturation and confidence for everyone... Our offense has the ability to be disgusting this year

3 hours ago, Gin and Juice said:

I'm fine with Philly, it's Ginn that bothers me. If he could only catch the damn ball more than 50% of the time the I would love Ginn. Really want an improved version of Ginn.

If Ginn were a reliable pass catcher, he'd probably never have made it out of Miami.  

2 hours ago, Razeyfingers said:

More deep threats? KB Funch and Brown are all deep threats. Funch will be this year Im speculating. Not so much last year, but KB and Brown are definitely deep threats. Brown just needs KB/Olsen to take safeties off of him and then its take flight time. Funch may be ready this year to go downfield more too. He will have to learn how to run a few more difficult deep routes and then he's pretty complete. DB's are gonna hate us this year and it may change team's offensive philosophies after they watch us.

Here's to staying healthy, fellas.

Great point.  KB's size alone make him a huge issue for db's on a deep route.

42 minutes ago, chris999 said:

I think we may have the best group of WRs in the NFL.

I like your optimism, but some here will call you nuts for that opinion. Don't think you'll get much support from the sports writer community either.

18 hours ago, countryboi said:

Philly was decent in the playoffs but though the season he was pretty bad. Philly had 740 snaps vs Funchess 500, yet he had the same amount of receptions and 447 yards. he is the weakest of the WRs from last year and the easiest to replace. 

Good info, didnt know this

Archived