• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My early depth chart of the Panthers atm

KillerKat

OFFENSE: 
WR1: Kelvin Benjamin -  Philly Brown - (Keyarris Garrett)
LT: Michael Oher
LG: Andrew Norwell
C: Ryan Kalil  - #Gino Gradkowski#
RG: Trai Turner - Chris Scott
RT: Mike Remmers - Daryl Williams
TE:  Greg Olsen - Ed Dickson - *Beau Sandland*
WR2: Ted Ginn Jr. - Devin Funchess - Kevin norwood
QB: Cam Newton - Derek Anderson - Joe Webb
FB: Mike Tolbert 
RB: Jonathan Stewart - Fozzy Whittaker - Cameron Artis-Payne - Brandon Wegher

DEFENSE: 
LE: Charles Johnson - Mario Addison
UT: Kawann Short - *Vernon Butler*
NT: Star Lotulelei - #Paul Soliai# - 
RE: Kony Ealy - Ryan Delaire  -Aurther miley
SLB: Shaq Thompson - A.J. Klein 
MLB: Luke Kuechly - Ben Jacobs
WLB: Thomas Davis - David Mayo - Jemery Cash
LCB: Bene Benwikere -  *Zach Sanchez*
RCB: #Brandon Boykin# - *Daryl Worley* - *James Bradberry*
SS: Kurt Coleman - dat white boy jones
FS: Tre Boston - Dean Marlowe 

SPECIAL TEAMS: 
K/KO: Graham Gano
P/H: ?????
KR: Fozzy Whittaker - Joe Webb - Cameron Artis-Payne - Brandon Wegher
PR: Ted Ginn Jr. - Robert McClain - Brenton Bersin
LS: J.J. Jansen 

I added norwood, Jones(people alllways underestimate STs), an Miley( I had him making last yrs 53 before they IR'd him with a booboo). I could easily see one less RB not named stew or toldozer. PS will have to have OTs and Safety for quick call ups.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Here, cash goes to LB (nobody saw this at the time).

Yes, this is now certainly what Panthers are planning for Cash based on what Don Gregory wrote at Panthers.com.  I'll have to modify the tables at some point.

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I imagine Ed Dickson could lose his job and be cut in camp.  We have 3 young TEs who can give him a run.  We save about $1m per season by cutting him.  Since we do not need the cap room or roster spot, no sense doing it now---but I predict we do by the end of preseason.

Prediction:  Garrett, KB, and Funchess are the top 3 WRs this year.

No way Garrett is above Ginn this year

On 5/1/2016 at 8:01 AM, Pazhoosier89 said:

I don't think Boykin is even guaranteed a roster spot especially with all these draft picks. He was signed for near the vet minimum.

I think he's pretty much guaranteed a roster spot because he has experience and is playing the nickel position where the depth is a 5th round rookie who looks raw outside of his playmaking abilities. 

11 minutes ago, cam1uvrxoxo said:

Ginn was our #1 wideout last year. Garrett is a UDFA rookie.

You overestimate Garrett

When speculating about the future, you don't prove or disprove anything by talking about last year= You are arguing aganist a bold guess that I think could unfold based on a few facts that are not represented in your statement of the obvious.  Ginn was our #1 by default. Our WR corps dropped more passing yards than any other team in the NFL.  Ginn was #1 in that area also.  Do you know what QBs do when you drop passes?  They don't throw your way.  Ginn was Cam's only option last year.

Want to praise Ginn without mentioning Cam Newton?  Go ahead.  The reality is this--Cam had no choice--Benji was out and Funchess was a raw rookie.  Brown dropped everything except weight in the preseason.  Cotchery was old and slow. 

Yes, Ginn was the #1 WR, the same player who couldn't crack the rotation with 3 other NFL teams. 

At the end of the season next year, Garrett will be used more than Ginn as a WR.  Watch.

Say what you will, I think Ginn is a great fit for this offense, and I think he will have a more productive year overall next year.  Will Garrett overtake him come the end of the season? Perhaps, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.  Garrett has a lot of potential I'm sure, but I think asking him to to overtake Ginn in his rookie year is asking a bit much of him.  

Our WRs struggled with separation last season and drops. Many drops. A lot from Ginn and Brown. Garrett doesn't have drop issues and is a vertical threat. It isn't too far fetched to think he could do big things this season and could move up the depth chart real fast.

Those saying the reason for Ginn's great numbers in 2015  was because he was Cam's only option last year forget that Ginn also had a very solid season with us in 2013.  He fits our offense well and has a good rapport with Cam... 

Ginn's not going anywhere in 2016.  Not saying Garrett doesn't have a shot to make the roster as WR#5, but he's not gonna be ahead of Ginn on the depth chart.

Archived