• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Tango with Cash

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, TylerVagyler said:

I'd be surprised if Cash is starting. But that doesn't mean he isn't a valuable signing. He sounds like a nice rotational player and fits the mold of what Harper's role was. Coleman and Boston should be the starters. Marlowe and Cash as backups. That's nice depth for a position we were very weak at not so long ago.

What safety position do you guys think Boston fits best? I think Coleman can play either. Just not sure how they'll lineup together.

Exactly.  Seems like a situational in the box safety that will get some opportunities in running situations.  Also, may be a nice ST player.....decent speed and great tackler. 

If we can get even this out of an UDFA, then it is a good move.

For the NFL, he is a project.

No coverage skills or elite speed or length for a safety

Not big enough yet to play LB and speed will suffer by adding 15 lbs.

Good tackler, but will have a tough time finding a home.  ST maybe or inserted in some sort of hybrid packages.

There are reasons players fall completely out of the draft and it is not normally that teams just "forgot" they were still on the board

On 5/1/2016 at 10:20 PM, SupercaMVP said:

Wow did we just get 2 UDFA who are gonna make our 53? I couldn't be happier.

Garrett has a decent shot, but the competition at WR is stiff, but Cash has real potential of beating Tre out as a starter at SS. Even if he doesn't start, he should contribute. In my mock draft (which was abysmal in it's accuracy) I wanted Cash in the 4th, and was hoping he was still there. 

9 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Garrett has a decent shot, but the competition at WR is stiff, but Cash has real potential of beating Tre out as a starter at SS. Even if he doesn't start, he should contribute. In my mock draft (which was abysmal in it's accuracy) I wanted Cash in the 4th, and was hoping he was still there. 

Given Cash's very limited coverage ability, I think there is very little chance of him winning a starting job this year (or ever).

17 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Given Cash's very limited coverage ability, I think there is very little chance of him winning a starting job this year (or ever).

Agreed.  Seems like good possible depth and a solid starter on ST.

Jones is an UFA after the season, could have a replacement, and for cheaper.

Archived