• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Tango with Cash

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, LUUUUUKE said:

Think about it this way. They thought more highly of the TE we got in the 7th! How good is that guy gonna be?!

Im fuggin stoked right now

Or they knew they had a very good chance at signing Cash but no chance at signing Sandland so they drafted Sandland and signed Cash. UDFA conversations start well in advance of the end of the draft.

1 minute ago, Cam El said:

He may be a little lacking in coverage skills but so was Harper. Our secondary just got a lot younger and faster with this draft. Just need to coach these kids up. 

How sweet would it be if Cash turned out to be better than Neal and Bell. 

Harper was slow as fug the last 2 seasons...  Rivera wants his safeties  to tackle well...  Which Cash have no issues with.

6 minutes ago, Cam El said:

He may be a little lacking in coverage skills but so was Harper. Our secondary just got a lot younger and faster with this draft. Just need to coach these kids up. 

How sweet would it be if Cash turned out to be better than Neal and Bell. 

Gman did say he's tired of rotating players out of our secondary year in year out, I don't see that being an issue from here on.

30 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

My question is if he was graded as a 3rd round pick, why didn't we draft him? We took a big risk not drafting him and hoping he would go undrafted. Did DG know all along he wouldn't get drafted? What kept other teams not drafting him?

He had surgery on his wrist in December...maybe teams weren't sure about that...and he can be as bad as Harper in coverage so with the new type of NFL teams probably wanted to draft coverage first..

That being said he will thump a mofo and we made it to the SB with some Harper in coverage....trust me we'll be fine with Cash who can play STs and is faster than Harper.

A lot of his style of SS can't cover for poo but still start in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Bravesfannchar said:

Watched all his games and I see where you're coming from..  However, he put on some good, solid weight to help more in the box and rush the passer this season...  I think he might need a year to get his body trimmed back down to be faster at SS...  Hell, he'd kill it as an OLB...  Panthers have an extremely good, smart football player to mold...

Good point. Anyone we roll out next year is going to be an upgrade over Harper. He was so slow, and couldn't make up ground in coverage. To add to my point on Cash, he seemed lost but to be fair he wasn't asked to cover much from the games I watched. If he has decent instincts I'd consider him or Boston as an immediate upgrade.

Archived