• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Tango with Cash

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

Never was a huge fan. He gets lost in coverage and was strictly a box safety. With that said he has the physical tools and I'm looking forward to seeing what our coaches can do with him. 

Watched all his games and I see where you're coming from..  However, he put on some good, solid weight to help more in the box and rush the passer this season...  I think he might need a year to get his body trimmed back down to be faster at SS...  Hell, he'd kill it as an OLB...  Panthers have an extremely good, smart football player to mold...

Panthers signed Duke S Jeremy Cash.

Cash (6'0/212) was a decorated safety at Duke, earning All-America recognition in each of his final three seasons and first-team honors as a senior. A 38-game starter, Cash piled up 38 career tackles for loss, six INTs, nine forced fumbles, and eight sacks. He turned in an above-average Pro Day, running 4.56 with a 34-inch vertical and 10-foot-4 broad jump. Limited in coverage, Cash fares best in the box where he's attacking in run support. He's a tone setter who could excel in a hybrid linebacker-safety role as a cross between Deone Bucannon and T.J. Ward.

Just now, Bravesfannchar said:

Watched all his games and I see where you're coming from..  However, he put on some good, solid weight to help more in the box and rush the passer this season...  I think he might need a year to get his body trimmed back down to be faster at SS...  Hell, he'd kill it as an OLB...  Panthers have an extremely good, smart football player to mold...

I think he's perfect for our team. With our coaches, our starters, our system, he will find a place to show how good he is in due time.

26 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

My question is if he was graded as a 3rd round pick, why didn't we draft him? We took a big risk not drafting him and hoping he would go undrafted. Did DG know all along he wouldn't get drafted? What kept other teams not drafting him?

We don't know where WE had him graded...........

Gman said in his presser that a few Conner's went early that we didn't even have on our board.

He may be a little lacking in coverage skills but so was Harper. Our secondary just got a lot younger and faster with this draft. Just need to coach these kids up. 

How sweet would it be if Cash turned out to be better than Neal and Bell. 

Archived