• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers press conference after Bradberry & Worley picks

KB_fan

39 minutes ago, Norway said:

Yeah, thats what I said. No need to trade when they were comfortable that at least Bradberry would be there at 62. The cost to trade up was to great compared to how much higher they rated the other 4.  But all that matters now are that they both are panthers, no matter where they were graded at the board. Hopefulle both of them should have been on the top of the board, two years from now

Btw, Voth interpreted it as I did;

"According to Gettleman, after Baylor's Xavien Howard, Clemson's Mackensie Alexander, Maryland's Sean Davis and Alabama's Cyrus Jones went in the second round, the next two corners on the Panthers' board were James Bradberry and Daryl Worley. In a span of 16 picks, Gettleman grabbed both."

http://blackandbluereview.com/dave-gettleman-not-reach-fill-need-cornerback/

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, every pick from #1 to Mr Irrelevant is an educated guess.

Pretty much this.  Since the draft has began there have been plenty of first round busts and guys that were drafted in the later rounds that had long, productive NFL careers.  Some of those later guys had stellar careers.  

I'm honestly glad we picked more than one CB because you gotta believe odds are at least one of them will pan out for us.  And CB was the biggest deficiency this team had going into the draft.

Ok last word goes to Panthers.com  argument on how to interpret Gettleman is now settled:

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Five-things-to-know-about-Daryl-Worley/34833c62-e9d9-4660-b44c-4de7ad668eda

3. The Panthers believe in him

Carolina traded up to make sure it got Worley, aggressive moving to secure his services even after drafting cornerback James Bradberryicon-article-link.gif a round earlier.

Why? Because Carolina considered Worley and Bradberry before him to be top-six corners in the draft.

"We had three or four corners in front of them, but those were our next two guys," general manager Dave Gettleman said. "I feel really good about it. I don't feel like I reached. I'm excited about them."

Surprised.  Not how I would have interpreted it.  But there you have it.

Archived