• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For anyone uninterested in the fifth round...

Jeremy Igo

trade our 3rd Comp pick for next year and move in the 4th and take Alex Collins, Miles Killebrew, Devontae Booker, Kenneth Dixon, Charone Peake, Pharaoh Cooper, Jeremy Cash, etc.  There is too much talent to wait until pick 141 and 252 today..  I have made peace with the 2 Cbs last night after watching film.  Big physical Corners with soft hands and good ball skills.  We will look back in a years time and said "that actually was great value"

16 minutes ago, carpantherfn said:

I believe Gman will trade into the forth using that 7th whatever damage that does, then take another corner or safety. Harlan Miller still there. Couple of safety prospects we have been linked to as well.

The next to the last pick in the draft has virtually no trade value.  You're not trading up from the 5th to the 4th just using that bottom-of-the-barrel pick.

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

The next to the last pick in the draft has virtually no trade value.  You're not trading up from the 5th to the 4th just using that bottom-of-the-barrel pick.

When your 5th round pick is basically on edge of the 4th/5th Im pretty sure you can move up a few picks. Didn't say it was going to get us to the middle of the fourth round may be at the end. But, still fourth round..

1 minute ago, carpantherfn said:

When your 5th round pick is basically on edge of the 4th/5th Im pretty sure you can move up a few picks. Didn't say it was going to get us to the middle of the fourth round may be at the end. But, still fourth round..

So your whole point of moving up into the 4th isn't to move up any number of significant positions to (hopefully) get a significantly better player, but just to move up a couple of positions so we can say we had a 4th round pick instead of the 5th?

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I would absolutely like to trade our 3rd round comp next year to move back up into the 4th.  The comp pick is near the 4th round anyway, and I would really like a guy out of this draft I feel can make an impact in year 1.  Butler is a maaaaaaybe, but he's still an unknown commodity behind two guys already on the bench in Soliai and Love who have played very well either for us (Love) or other teams (Soliai).

I really want Devontae Booker or Alex Collins and I don't feel good about them lasting to our pick in the 5th... Trade next year's comp, next year's 7 and this year's 7 if it'll add anything.  Toss in next year's 6 if it'll help.  Gettleman doesn't value those late picks anyway.

Not that they'll make it to #141 either, but we did move up 27 spots in the 5th from #168 to #141 when we traded our 4th to the Browns.  Lost one pick, moved WAY up in two rounds.  Not too shabby Getts.

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I would absolutely like to trade our 3rd round comp next year to move back up into the 4th.  The comp pick is near the 4th round anyway, and I would really like a guy out of this draft I feel can make an impact in year 1.  Butler is a maaaaaaybe, but he's still an unknown commodity behind two guys already on the bench in Soliai and Love who have played very well either for us (Love) or other teams (Soliai).

I really want Devontae Booker or Alex Collins and I don't feel good about them lasting to our pick in the 5th... Trade next year's comp, next year's 7 and this year's 7 if it'll add anything.  Toss in next year's 6 if it'll help.  Gettleman doesn't value those late picks anyway.

Can't trade something we don't have.

8 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Can't trade something we don't have.

Eagles already did it.  This has been discussed ad nauseum here.  You can trade a future comp pick with the condition that if you don't get what you expect to, you give a different pick (for example, our actual 3rd round pick).  And Gettleman seems to be playing FA right now with the intent on maintaining that 3rd round comp pick we're set to get for Norman.  Doubt he picks anyone up before the 12th.

The Eagles traded next year's comp pick in the package to move to #2. You trade the comp pick with a contingency in place if you don't get the pick you expect to. 

Yes.  Yes you can.

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Didn't know that, thank you!

heh np.  I learned something myself accumulating the links and quotes for that reply, I had been thinking it was the Eagles that gave a comp pick when it was actually the Browns that gave the comp pick.

Archived