• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For anyone uninterested in the fifth round...

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

I hope we move up to the 4th. 

With what?  The 2nd to last pick of the draft at #252?   Don't see it happening.   Saw someone talk about throwing in our 3rd round pick for next year presuming we're getting a 3rd round comp pick for J-NO.  Dang, using a 3rd to pick a player in the 4th?  Getts is getting crucified already, can't imagine how that would go down!

51 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

With what?  The 2nd to last pick of the draft at #252?   Don't see it happening.   Saw someone talk about throwing in our 3rd round pick for next year presuming we're getting a 3rd round comp pick for J-NO.  Dang, using a 3rd to pick a player in the 4th?  Getts is getting crucified already, can't imagine how that would go down!

I would absolutely like to trade our 3rd round comp next year to move back up into the 4th.  The comp pick is near the 4th round anyway, and I would really like a guy out of this draft I feel can make an impact in year 1.  Butler is a maaaaaaybe, but he's still an unknown commodity behind two guys already on the bench in Soliai and Love who have played very well either for us (Love) or other teams (Soliai).

I really want Devontae Booker or Alex Collins and I don't feel good about them lasting to our pick in the 5th... Trade next year's comp, next year's 7 and this year's 7 if it'll add anything.  Toss in next year's 6 if it'll help.  Gettleman doesn't value those late picks anyway.

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I would absolutely like to trade our 3rd round comp next year to move back up into the 4th.  The comp pick is near the 4th round anyway, and I would really like a guy out of this draft I feel can make an impact in year 1.  Butler is a maaaaaaybe, but he's still an unknown commodity behind two guys already on the bench in Soliai and Love who have played very well either for us (Love) or other teams (Soliai).

I really want Devontae Booker or Alex Collins and I don't feel good about them lasting to our pick in the 5th... Trade next year's comp, next year's 7 and this year's 7 if it'll add anything.  Toss in next year's 6 if it'll help.  Gettleman doesn't value those late picks anyway.

I'm pretty sure you cannot trade comp picks.

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

It's really hard to trade a compensation pick that hasn't been awarded yet. 

Just now, JakeH said:

It's really hard to trade a compensation pick that hasn't been awarded yet. 

Eagles already did it.  This has been discussed ad nauseum here.  You can trade a future comp pick with the condition that if you don't get what you expect to, you give a different pick (for example, our actual 3rd round pick).  And Gettleman seems to be playing FA right now with the intent on maintaining that 3rd round comp pick we're set to get for Norman.  Doubt he picks anyone up before the 12th.

2 minutes ago, carpantherfn said:

I believe Gman will trade into the forth using that 7th whatever damage that does, then take another corner or safety. Harlan Miller still there. Couple of safety prospects we have been linked to as well.

I would like Cash (but not over Booker or Collins).  I WOULD have liked Miller if we hadn't already taken those two CBs we already took.

Archived