• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone take a deep breath.....

Jeremy Igo

If the video makes it cut and dry, then release it. He should have gotten a 6 month jail sentence like the prosecutors asked for, but WVU football athletes get off easy.

If you release the video to the public, and I guarantee you someone will for money, we will see just how incriminating it is or is not. It was bad enough that Worley could not say he was innocent in court. He put his hands around the throat of a woman and threw her to the ground.

Is this okay? Are there no other ways to diffuse a situation? Gettleman thinks it is okay. Gettleman goes as far to defend this as not being as bad as domestic violence. What the hell? Any man that can put their hands on a woman in a violent manner has a serious problem.

This is clearly a distraction and will build up as more media outlets get wind that Gettleman, Richardson, Rivera, and the Panthers condone/protect it. This is on a national stage now, and you better be ready for the distractions.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

1. About the nightclub issue  

Gettleman and Rivera knew about the incident. I promise you they are extremely sensitive to DV issues having gone through the whole Hardy ordeal themselves. That was no picnic for them.

They watched the tape with their own eyes and concluded the kid was protecting his girlfriend from another gal. He broke up a fight. You know, the kind of thing that happens at Charlotte area night clubs every single weekend.

I have no doubt in my mind that it is a complete non issue. I trust Dave and Ron fully in this regard. 

However, since the tape is not public, I also trust the media will jump all over this, make it sound much worse than it was, and be fruitful NFL grandstanding banter for the entire offseason. 

2. About Hardy coming back

There is still a 0% chance that Hardy comes back. If fact, last night's draft pick reduces those chances even further. There was never any way the Panthers would take Hardy back to begin with. But now that the DV spotlight is back on the Panthers, there is actually a negative percent chance he comes back. Yes, the Panthers may actually pay him to stay away now. 

So please, stop with the silly Hardy talk. It is a bit embarrassing. We are better than this. 

I get not wanting to deal with the NFL grandstanding banter, I really do.  That's why the reward truly has to be worth the risks.  While JR may not budge after all and even pay him to stay away, I (am not alone) appreciate this forum to state that we strongly feel he would no doubt be worth it.  

Just a shame there's no video of the Hardy incident (for which he served 21 games), like there is with Rice and Worley.  No video-just a man that dialed 911, served 21 games, and was cleared by the legal system.

4 hours ago, KB_fan said:

For those interested, here's a short audio clip of Worley, and also DG talking about this incident.  Worley spent a whole day with the Panthers, including being grilled by JR himself... so, it assures me we've very carefully vetted this guy:

http://blackandbluereview.com/audio-daryl-worley-dave-gettleman-on-2014-arrest/

Nice

4 hours ago, KB_fan said:

For those interested, here's a short audio clip of Worley, and also DG talking about this incident.  Worley spent a whole day with the Panthers, including being grilled by JR himself... so, it assures me we've very carefully vetted this guy:

http://blackandbluereview.com/audio-daryl-worley-dave-gettleman-on-2014-arrest/

He got into a situation....you know... in the BAHHHH.

Lmfao.

I think this has more to do with the fact some posters are buttmad that we still won't sign their golden boy Hardy and they want to complain about Gman some more. 

Gman clearly stated they've seen the tape? Do you honestly think they would draft him if him pushing the girl looked malicious? 

And honestly, CPantherKing, even if WVU players get off easily, they still have to go through the teams to get drafted. Gettleman AND Jerry Richardson ultimately decided the incident wasn't as bad as you people are making it out to be.

Archived