• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman says BPA philosophy changed this year.

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, johnnydefence said:

G-man had a few choices 

1) Keep Jno 1 more year. Then start over 12 months from now grooming a new corner that wouldn't be ready until 36 months from now.

or

2) Let Jno walk. Then start grooming 2 new corners now that will be ready asap and will be there for the next 4 - 5 years.  

Or he could have kept Norman, and drafted two of these guys in the later round to develop this year.

4 minutes ago, johnnydefence said:

There is about ~800 extra snaps at corner for someone. That is ~800 more than there would be if Jno was here. 

I'm not so sure I want to see these guys on the field this year to be honest, because they are all raw.  In any case, I believe you can develop them off the field as well as on.  Ultimately, you can't let a probowler go, and this is your plan in trying to replace him.  The second G-man figured he would have to bring in 3-4 guys in the draft just to fill one gap, he should have tossed the thought of releasing Norman out of his mind.

2 hours ago, Matthias said:

I'm not so sure I want to see these guys on the field this year to be honest, because they are all raw.  In any case, I believe you can develop them off the field as well as on.  Ultimately, you can't let a probowler go, and this is your plan in trying to replace him.  The second G-man figured he would have to bring in 3-4 guys in the draft just to fill one gap, he should have tossed the thought of releasing Norman out of his mind.

Cool Cool, this is my last thought. 

I believe there is more to the Jno situation that whats been told. I think Bill Voth has something but he isn't sharing yet. 

1 minute ago, johnnydefence said:

Cool Cool, this is my last thought. 

I believe there is more to the Jno situation that whats been told. I think Bill Voth has something but he isn't sharing yet. 

I bet it has to do with Norman being in the media and the commotion surrounding his bout with Beckham.  All in all, I'm beginning to get on board with the picks.  We better have the best defense in the league next year.  I don't know if I ever seen a team choose one position three picks in a row.

16 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

I really like Daryl Worley, don't see the problem with the pick.  

Me too. I like him even more after listening to his conference call. He sounded very smart to me, and that's a big deal. The Patriots have made one of the greatest runs in NFL history by drafting smart players who weren't necessarily big names on draft day.

7 hours ago, Bogart said:

Norman was not under contract!  Stop spreading misinformation!  He didn't sign the damn tag and I'm sick of seeing this bullshit spewed in every thread complaining that Dave could have forced Norman to play here this season.  Enough with the crap, he's gone, get over it.

Secondly, all of you critizing these picks please give us your qualifications as a college scout. How many years have you been evaluating players for NFL teams?  If you're not a scout please spare us all your bitchfest.

Norman was not under contract!  Stop spreading misinformation!  He didn't sign the damn tag and I'm sick of seeing this bullshit spewed in every thread complaining that Dave could have forced Norman to play here this season.  Enough with the crap, he's gone, get over it.

Secondly, all of you critizing these picks please give us your qualifications as a college scout. How many years have you been evaluating players for NFL teams?  If you're not a scout please spare us all your bitchfest.

Dont Need to be college scout to see we reached ...

20 minutes ago, Matthias said:

I bet it has to do with Norman being in the media and the commotion surrounding his bout with Beckham.  All in all, I'm beginning to get on board with the picks.  We better have the best defense in the league next year.  I don't know if I ever seen a team choose one position three picks in a row.

I will give Gman credit for addressing the need...

Archived