• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman says BPA philosophy changed this year.

Jeremy Igo

Just now, SupercaMVP said:

This guy is a real gentleman gang. He's never done anything wrong in his entire life. He's perfect. He's Jesus reincarnated.

I'd fugin sign Hardy right after this draft....ESPECIALLy after THIS draft....we gon need those 10+sacks.

I really cant get behind letting go an All Pro that we basically owned for at least another year and reaching on 2 guys to replace him when 2/3 cornerback spots were already solidified. That being said, these guys could be Brandon Hogan or they could be Richard Sherman. No point in bitching until they get on the field

6 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Man these guys better be good, or else not keeping Norman for at least a year is going to look bad.  Also better see some extensions.

Meanwhile Washington may have a nasty pair with Norman and Fuller.

I think the fear with Fuller was the microfracture surgery.   After Gettleman made the reference last night about not being surprised Jack fell after he made the comment about possibly needing microfracture at some point, I knew Fuller wouldn't be a Panther. 

Players can come back from many different injuries/surgeries and be as good as before, but microfracture still has a stigma, and there is less certainty about a player's ability to come back from it.

Speaking of reach, found this bit of info that could give insight into Gman's eagerness to pull the trigger so early on these guys:

ESPN's Louis Riddick mentioned Samford CB James Bradberry as one of four prospects who stood out during Senior Bowl week ... Bradberry is an interesting name, as he was one of three corners with arms longer than 32-inches, a minimum for at least one team in the NFL.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/135132/james-bradberry

Since the Panthers drafted 2/3s of the long-armed, athletic CBs, perhaps we are the team referenced above? And perhaps our coaches and scouts believe that for our system, this length in combination with ball-skills, makes these guys much more valuable to us than they might be for some other teams (but not all other teams). For example, I noticed some Seahawk-specific scouting reports featuring Bradberry. They use a similar system to us. Even though the broader league may not prioritize these measurables, it's obvious Gettleman believed at least one other team would snatch these guys up if we didn't. Not saying I love or hate the picks. Time will tell. But thought this information helped explain why two relatively unheralded players were picked early and within just a few picks of one another.

Archived