• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select in the 3rd round CB Daryl Worley

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, The_Rainmaker said:

I never said to pick a OT in the later rounds, I would like a TE maybe the one from Ohio but we should address this situation in next year draft with  1-3 picks 

It has been said by every expert that the TE class this year (after Henry) is awful.  So I am glad that we are not taking a crappy TE in a crappy TE draft class.

2 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

It has been said by every expert that the TE class this year (after Henry) is awful.  

Yea experts that have nailed this draft. Its  about scheme there is a good one avaialbe from Ohio : Nick Vannett who is excepitonal run block since we run like 50% of the time but is also a decent pass catcher.

STRENGTHS: Good all-around prospect who essentially got lost amongst all the talent that Urban Myer collected in Columbus. You can line him up in-line, in the slot or make him an H-back. 

Good run blocker, whether in space or in tight quarters. Has good feet and plays with leverage. While he's not overwhelming at the point of attack, he can stay in front of defenders and be very effective in blocking for his teammates. 

Can be an asset in the passing game. Runs well and can create separation, and has displayed strong hands and focus to finish contested catches.

WEAKNESSNESS: Not used all that much in the Ohio State passing game, so you really see a limited version of what he can do as a receiver. It may take him some time to acclimate to an NFL offense and the intricacies of the playbook.

No much shake at the top of routes to create separation.

IN OUR VIEW: Vannett showed he can be an every-down viable tight end where you can virtually line him up anywhere to help out an offense. He certainly is more than solid in the run game and helping to open up some holes. When given opportunities, Vannett caught the ball well. 

While this isn't a deep tight end draft class, Vannett could separate himself as the top senior prospect at the position and worthy mid-round pick.

--Jamie Newberg and Dane Brugler (1/27/16)

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Calm down, Darryl.

I'm just going to leave this here and then leave the matter alone.

"Morgantown police were called to the Lux Nightclub about 1:14 a.m. Sunday. Police said they found the alleged female victim "extremely upset and crying," who told police that Worley assaulted her. Police said surveillance video of the altercation showed Worley grab the alleged victim around the neck with both hands and push her to the ground. "

And I'm just going to leave this here:

Worley’s attorney Dave Jecklin reiterated to MetroNews on Wednesday that Worley pushed the woman down in an effort to protect his girlfriend:

“Mr. Worley reacted to a perceived threat to his girlfriend. He attempted to break up what he believed to be a developing altercation between the young lady and his girlfriend before any physical contact occurred between the ladies. The young lady approached Mr. Worley from behind, which led to him turning around and reacting to a perceived threat to his girlfriend and forcibly pushed the young lady back with his hands through the crowd to the ground.”

Jecklin said the player “is sorry about how he reacted and that the entire incident occurred.”

Maybe read more than just the first ESPN link you read?

Just now, heel31ok said:

Now I remember why I don't like Gman drafts...reach and then give away picks...could have kept all picks and gotten same players and more..look the kool ade is flowing

You prefer Hurney drafts? Give me a fuging break, some of you don't know what the fug you're spewing

Just now, KushMcDieselson said:

And I'm just going to leave this here:

Worley’s attorney Dave Jecklin reiterated to MetroNews on Wednesday that Worley pushed the woman down in an effort to protect his girlfriend:

“Mr. Worley reacted to a perceived threat to his girlfriend. He attempted to break up what he believed to be a developing altercation between the young lady and his girlfriend before any physical contact occurred between the ladies. The young lady approached Mr. Worley from behind, which led to him turning around and reacting to a perceived threat to his girlfriend and forcibly pushed the young lady back with his hands through the crowd to the ground.”

Jecklin said the player “is sorry about how he reacted and that the entire incident occurred.”

Maybe read more than just the first ESPN link you read?

Yikes.  I feel even worse about the incident after reading that.  Do you know any attorneys?  If you do, you should be familiar with "lawyer speak".  There's a ton of it in that statement.  Perceived?  Believed to be a developing altercation?  Before any physical contact occurred?

Archived