• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select in the 3rd round CB Daryl Worley

Jeremy Igo

some of you guys are nuts.

Worley scouting report:

“First game I watched was the ’14 Alabama game. I noticed right away that the coaching staff allowed Worley, a true sophmore, to shadow (Oakland Raider’s 1st round pick) Amari Cooper all over the field. The ability to play on both sides of the defense is important, and impressive. He was physical a the line of scrimmage, though impatient at times – leading to lunging and losing balance. I have also been concerned at points throughout his career with what appears to be a lack of discipline in outside-contain assignments against the run. Worley cuts inside to avoid blockers, but does not finish the play. This is a weakness.”

“He is listed at 6’2″ 198, that is NFL size. I don’t think he needs to add any weight. With those measurables, I think he needs to be at 4.55 or better in the 40 at the combine. He doesn’t need to be a burner, but he needs to be able to run. He can.”

“Due to his short-area quickness and explosion being average, I have Worley strictly as a Boundary Corner in the NFL. This means he will be at his best when allowed to cover the short side of the field. Tighter spaces will allow him to use his physicality, as opposed to the Field Corner, which plays the far side, and is asked to cover more ground and needs more laterally explosion.”

“I have ‘Ball Skills’ as my 4th most important grading area, out of 10. Worley will receive a good grade here. He catches balls out away from his frame, with his hands, in contested situations.”

“I need to see what happens at the combine, but I have Worley currently sitting with a Day 2 overall grade, with his Feet/Change of Direction Skills (most important grading area out 10) keeping him out of the first. I do not disagree with his decision to leave, but think he had a shot to sneak into the top 50 overall players with a good senior year. You never know what will happen on draft day, but I have him solidly in my top 100.

WVU’s Daryl Worley is the 6th highest CB productivity score I’ve logged in 3 yrs (8.15) behind J Glenn, Q Rollins, R Cockrell, B Roby, J Verrett.”

24 minutes ago, Norway said:

If it's one thing I will not questioning, it's the integrity of Ron and DG

That is the very reason why we are in this predicament. Its a shame Rivera didnt step up more for Josh during the Beckham ordeal. Rivera failed to defend Norman to the national press, letting the New York media come up with ridiculous story lines to downplay Beckham's suspension. They said the Panthers provoked him by carrying bats on to the field. Rivera made no mention of how many times Beckham went to Norman's face before confrontation started. He made no mention of Beckham at all really.

Rivera's lack of integrity and maybe a spine when facing tough stories with the national press has proven to be a problem multiple times in his tenure here so far. Ask Smitty.

Alright, I've said my piece regarding his "incident" and I definitely still have my concerns, but I just have to trust the Panthers brass on this one.

He's a Panther now and I'll support him until given a reason otherwise.  Hope this kid becomes a great player and great member of the community.

12 hours ago, iBBB said:

Ok so Your feelings must have  been hurt by me a DG. There's a 6/8 of a huddle there to support you through your hardship.

COimmon Sense Says you dont Trade up to get a player that would be there at reGular (Rd picklar) pick...we threw away picks...if Gman is such a great value picker he would be able to do that with picks he threw away.so the position that he made good moves is ridiculous.first rd Pick was ok...the other picks were not ...wev traded Up for nothing ...

Not sure what's going on with Fuller. He should've been picked by now.  There must be more to that knee injury, something off-field, or NFL teams simply aren't that high on him after studying his film and interviewing him and his coaches.  It's odd, but there's always quite a few guys every year who either go way earlier or way later than everyone expected for whatever reason.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure what's going on with Fuller. He should've been picked by now.  There must be more to that knee injury, something off-field, or NFL teams simply aren't that high on him after studying his film and interviewing him and his coaches.  It's odd, but there's always quite a few guys every year who either go way earlier or way later than everyone expected for whatever reason.

I'm fairly certain he's already been picked.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He was picked last night? 

17 minutes ago, Growl said:

I'm fairly certain he's already been picked.

Yeah, evidently he was picked last night after I'd already stopped watching.  Quite a bit later than most were expecting.  A lot of people saw him as a borderline 1st rounder.  Hell, when we were on the clock at #30 there were a handful of poster wanting him then.

Archived