• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select in the 3rd round CB Daryl Worley

Jeremy Igo

D.G has proven time and again that most at the Huddle don't have a friggin clue when evaluating talent. The same with most of the 'experts' that grab a paycheck to try it. I'll just sit back and let Dave and his crew do the heavy lifting.

Horrible pick.

Worley was beat regularly and was the main targeted DB in the Mountaineers secondary. He has trouble tracking the ball and he avoids contact. Horrible against the run. He will make 1 or 2 flash plays in a game with excellent length and athleticism and give up 4 or 5 big plays. Gets dragged around the field like a rag doll after a tackle while holding on to the runners legs. Awful at the goal line. He is decent when playing with his eyes on the QB and the WR in front of him. Always beat by the double move and lacks the ability to recover.

I would give this a D, but since the Panthers traded away an extra pick to move up to get him, the grade is an F.

Another CB who will struggle to beat Lou Young, Robert McClain, and Teddy Williams.

Also, he is horrible on special teams. At least Bradberry can impact special teams.

I would have kept the extra pick and not traded up.

My pick at 93 would have been Miles Killebrew SS Southern Utah.

I still think the whole Dave Gettlemenshould never be doubted argument is silly.  Lots of NFL GMs have runs of great success....and most of them always prove to be human.

say what you want but his handling of Norman CAN be questioned....and by picking a guy like Worley and his issues following our experience with Hardy CAN be questioned too.   Have to see how it plays out, there is a possibility Dave really reached to "fix" an error.  Don't like going this route after Hardy.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Calm down, Darryl.

I'm just going to leave this here and then leave the matter alone.

"Morgantown police were called to the Lux Nightclub about 1:14 a.m. Sunday. Police said they found the alleged female victim "extremely upset and crying," who told police that Worley assaulted her. Police said surveillance video of the altercation showed Worley grab the alleged victim around the neck with both hands and push her to the ground. "

Ok so can you post the rest of the story?? You know about the charges being dropped 2 days later and the charges be removed from his record!!! Or about the surveillance video that was available that shows he stepped in after a woman was hitting his girlfriend!!! Go ahead I'll wait....

10 hours ago, KushMcDieselson said:

“Daryl’s version of events is corroborated not only by the video, but also by several eyewitness statements that we have obtained. In the video, Daryl defends his long-time girlfriend from an advancing female bar patron who had earlier that night threatened to fight his girlfriend. According to eyewitness statements, the advancing female grabs Daryl’s girlfriend’s leg immediately before the video shows him pushing the female away in a non-provoking manner."

See when a woman threatens to fight your woman, and then you see her grabbing your woman's leg later, that would lead you to FEEL like she was a PERCEIVED threat to your woman.

Thanks for posting!!!

Saw this quote on PFT and it almost makes the pick worthwhile to me just to imagine Gettleman saying it:

“Obviously we don’t take it lightly. Listen, I’m married and I’ve got a daughter. Anybody lays a glove on them, they’re going to have one fat, cranky, old man running down the street.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/30/panthers-go-beyond-due-diligence-on-third-round-cornerback/

17 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Saw this quote on PFT and it almost makes the pick worthwhile to me just to imagine Gettleman saying it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/30/panthers-go-beyond-due-diligence-on-third-round-cornerback/

You can hear it for yourself at BBR:

http://blackandbluereview.com/audio-daryl-worley-dave-gettleman-on-2014-arrest/

6 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Horrible pick.

Worley was beat regularly and was the main targeted DB in the Mountaineers secondary. He has trouble tracking the ball and he avoids contact. Horrible against the run. He will make 1 or 2 flash plays in a game with excellent length and athleticism and give up 4 or 5 big plays. Gets dragged around the field like a rag doll after a tackle while holding on to the runners legs. Awful at the goal line. He is decent when playing with his eyes on the QB and the WR in front of him. Always beat by the double move and lacks the ability to recover.

I would give this a D, but since the Panthers traded away an extra pick to move up to get him, the grade is an F.

Another CB who will struggle to beat Lou Young, Robert McClain, and Teddy Williams.

Also, he is horrible on special teams. At least Bradberry can impact special teams.

I would have kept the extra pick and not traded up.

My pick at 93 would have been Miles Killebrew SS Southern Utah.

DG > you 

Archived