• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select CB James Bradberry in the second round

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, stirs said:

It was Mayock who said that when he got to the East West game, many of the scouts there said to him, "hey, have you seen this kid out of Samford?"

He said he has a lot of game and his deep coverage can be iffy, but, he said that Carolina shelters their Corners somewhat by the system they run.  He thought he would be great in our system.  Big guy that can make plays, should be great in the run game

For those who tried to watch ESPN....

Lots of similarities from about 7-years ago.  In 2009, the Panthers selected Sherrod Martin as the 59th pick (2nd rounder) out of Troy.  He is 6 1" and about 200 pounds and ran a 4.52.  He played CB at Troy.  Let's hope Bradberry (62nd pick) has much more success.  He seems to have potential but I have to say this pick surprised me based upon our short history with picks 'non-division 1 team and/or smaller colleges (Amini, Edwards, Kudzilla, Martin).  I think he could be good for the Panthers, but I think the surprise is we picked him in the 2nd.  But what do I know...I'm just a fan and don't get paid millions to be a GM.

So I popped over the the NFL Draft Forum just to see if I could find anyone who'd been mocking and talking about Bradberry prior to the draft.

@section543 picked Bradberry in a number of mocks (mostly round 5).

Also: @Riverboat Ron grabbed him in the 5th in one mock, and commented:  " Bradberry is physical and would be a great outside developmental corner."

This guy DEFINITELY flew under the radar!!!

Interestingly enough, he also does not show up on @Ken's carefully compiled and updated list of draft prospects.  These were the CBs we reportedly met with:

CB

DeAndre Elliot, Colorado State (Pro Day) Proj Round: UFA

Harlan Miller, SE Louisiana (Pro Day, Workout) Proj Round: Proj Round: 4th

Mackenzie Alexander, Clemson (Workout) Proj Round: 1st-2nd

Cyrus Jones, Alabama (Workout)  Proj Round: 4th-6th

Ryan Smith, North Carolina Central (Workout) Proj Round: 7th-UFA

Kevin Byard, Middle Tennessee State (Workout) Proj Round: 5th-6th

Daryl Worley, West Virginia (Workout) Proj Round: 4th-6th

Zack Sanchez, Oklahoma (Workout) Proj Round: 2nd-3rd

So, Gettleman got us a STEALTH Second Round pick.... Hmmmmmm.  Will be very interesting to see how this turns out.  If Gettleman wins this and Bradberry balls, I'm going to have to erect a Gettleman shrine or something, because he will be earning the adulation.

Archived