• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select CB James Bradberry in the second round

Jeremy Igo

draftinsider

Height: 6-0.5
Weight: 211
40: 4.5
Year: 5Sr

James Bradberry

School: Samford
Position: CB
Positive: Four-year starter at cornerback who posted 44 tackles, 2 INT's and 11 PBU's as a senior. Versatile defensive back prospect with outstanding size. Mixes it up with receivers, fights throughout the play and keeps the action in front of him. Quick flipping his hips transitioning off the line, gets his head around and locates the ball in the air. Displays a good burst to the action, knows where the opponent is and works well with safeties. Competitive, does not back down to a challenge and a good open field tackler. Displays good route recognition and remains disciplined in zone coverage.
Negative: Deep speed is a concern and struggles staying downfield with opponents. Must improve his backpedal and overall footwork. Occasionally ducks his head tackling.
Analysis: Bradberry is a well-built defensive back with ability in press or zone coverage. He has enough size to get consideration at safety and should be a special-teams asset.

14 minutes ago, Ken said:

Inaccurate.. We were the only team to bring him in for a visit AND workout.

He had buzz to be a 2nd/3rd guy.

I'm willing to be corrected. Who gave him a visit? Who had him come in for a workout? The only other team I can find that gave him a visit was Philly?

4 minutes ago, Icebox said:

I'm willing to be corrected. Who gave him a visit? Who had him come in for a workout?

Or are you just assuming?

I have not done that search but teams probably only worked him out or just had him visit. They had him up close an personal at the Senior Bowl too.

9 minutes ago, Icebox said:

I'm willing to be corrected. Who gave him a visit? Who had him come in for a workout? The only other team I can find that gave him a visit was Philly?

Via WF

James Bradberry, CB/S, Samford
Buccaneers (SR)
Cowboys (SR)
Dolphins (PRO)
Eagles (SR)
Jets (SR)
Packers (SR)
Patriots (COM)
Ravens (SR)
Titans (PRO)

Archived