• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select CB James Bradberry in the second round

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Based on history, the huddle being livid over this pick means he's probably gonna be a pro bowler.

Nobody is saying the kid is going to suck. I think the upsetting part is that you probably could have waited a round or two to draft him, which makes it a reach. 

1 minute ago, jasonluckydog said:

He might not be a bust but wasting a 2nd on a guy who might be a FA in a couple of days seems like a waste of Draft pick.

he wasn't gonna be a FA.

He wasn't even gonna be available tomorrow.

The most impressive big corner may have been James Bradberry of Samford College. He’s 6-1, 209 pounds. He did a good job in press coverage during Senior Bowl practices and used his 33-inch long arms to jam receivers and hold them up at the line of scrimmage during one on one drills.

“In press coverage, I can use my arm length,” Bradberry said during the week. “I think I have pretty good long arms. I can use my arms to get on the receiver and control them when they go into their breaks. That’s the advantage mainly of being tall-I can use my long arms.”

Bradberry seemed to get extra attention from his Senior Bowl Coach-Gus Bradley of Jacksonville. Bradley consistently pulled Bradberry aside for extra instruction after practice reps, a good sign for a developing young prospect from an FCS school like Samford.

Louis Riddick of ESPN calls Bradberry one of his top under-the-radar prospects at the Senior Bowl.

“He’s a big, strong, physical corner who can really get up on the line and press you and play physical at the point of attack,” Riddick says.

3 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

your whole post was just to blast people for having opinions without sharing anything useful so yeah

If we are being technical that was MY OPINION on what others OPINION'S were on our draft pick AND GM SUPPOSEDLY SHITTING THE BED with that pick. You are criticizing me for having an opinion but saying it is OKAY for others. You are a hypocrite. Kindly f*ck off.

Just now, Rags said:

FUN FACT THOUGH Huddle was lukewarm on Norman even in the 4th (probably only "lukewarm" because he was a local kid) and hated Bene in the 5th

lol

I must remember it different, I thought people were reasonably happy with both of those picks.

The only pick of DGs I've seen as many people calling a huge reach was Kugbila, and they ended up being right.

i mad because we sat through that brutally long round and they show a vonn bell highlight reel for like an hour and ignore gamble and our pick and it's someone i don't know and the hornets aren't playing good enough.

Just now, bobsfoodbasics said:

The most impressive big corner may have been James Bradberry of Samford College. He’s 6-1, 209 pounds. He did a good job in press coverage during Senior Bowl practices and used his 33-inch long arms to jam receivers and hold them up at the line of scrimmage during one on one drills.

“In press coverage, I can use my arm length,” Bradberry said during the week. “I think I have pretty good long arms. I can use my arms to get on the receiver and control them when they go into their breaks. That’s the advantage mainly of being tall-I can use my long arms.”

Bradberry seemed to get extra attention from his Senior Bowl Coach-Gus Bradley of Jacksonville. Bradley consistently pulled Bradberry aside for extra instruction after practice reps, a good sign for a developing young prospect from an FCS school like Samford.

Louis Riddick of ESPN calls Bradberry one of his top under-the-radar prospects at the Senior Bowl.

“He’s a big, strong, physical corner who can really get up on the line and press you and play physical at the point of attack,” Riddick says.

WTF?

Archived