• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading up with the Titans

Jeremy Igo

First we already did this trade last year moving up 16 spots the 9th overall 2nd round spot and it cost them their 2nd, 3rd, and 6th same year, so it should be about the same. Also The Gett Man has yet to trade away future picks and the 3rd comp is not a guarantee; injury and crap play can effect the it and I don't see Gett as a gambling man.

22 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

The discount for a pick next year from a trade value is about a round.  So, the value of a 3rd next year is about the same as a 4th this year.  So, next years 3rd and this year's 5th prob won't get it done.

I feel like when you're already sitting at the second to last spot per round THIS year, trading away a pick for NEXT year might have a little more value attached to it than normal.  Just because, statistically speaking, it's very likely to be an earlier pick.

1 minute ago, motocross_cat said:

I want to say if he did it would be to get an edge rusher but after watching the presser DG seems content with the guys we already have.

So maybe a henry or secondary help?

I got the same vibe. One of the Henry might be the selection. I would love to see a line up of:

Henry RB

Olsen TE 1

Adams TE 2

Benjamin WR 1

Funchess WR 2

Cam QB

Talk about size and physical group there.  Receiving core would be almost 6'5 on average!

32 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

The discount for a pick next year from a trade value is about a round.  So, the value of a 3rd next year is about the same as a 4th this year.  So, next years 3rd and this year's 5th prob won't get it done.

huh i didn't know there was a discount. in that case I would guess our 2nd, next years 3rd and 4th, and this years 5th?

31 minutes ago, Norway said:

I agree. But I do think that it is very unlikely to think that DG will use both his 2nd, and whatever it cost to trade up (3rd and 5th?) to get a DB. Just don't see it happening. I'm hoping Fuller somehow falls all the way to our original 2nd round pick

I agree with you I don't see us moving up for a DB in the second Rd.

Purely based on reports on our interest in DBs, we seem more interested in that Harlan Miller kid at CB who will likely be there at the end of the 3rd Rd.  We sent two coaches to work him out and met with him, that is a high level of interest for a guy projected as a 4/5 by most scouts.  

I am going with Igo on one of our first round value guys being targeted there - Henry x 2 or Ogbah, or even Dodd.  The outlier might be Shephard.

But who knows the mind of Gettleman?  Whomever he takes will be worth it.

Personally I would hate to lose our 3 round pick.  That pick might be needed to draft a CB like Harlan Miller.  Also its going to take a lot more then just the 3rd to move up a substantial amount in the second round.

I think we can stay put and still get a player that can help in an area of need.  Maybe we don't get Shepard but Braxton Miller or Tyler Boyd is still there.  Maybe Shon Coleman, Shalique Calhoun or Cravens is still on the board.  Either way I think there is a chance of getting a good player at the end of the 2nd.

11 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Personally I would hate to lose our 3 round pick.  That pick might be needed to draft a CB like Harlan Miller.  Also its going to take a lot more then just the 3rd to move up a substantial amount in the second round.

I think we can stay put and still get a player that can help in an area of need.  Maybe we don't get Shepard but Braxton Miller or Tyler Boyd is still there.  Maybe Shon Coleman, Shalique Calhoun or Cravens is still on the board.  Either way I think there is a chance of getting a good player at the end of the 2nd.

We might trade next year's third since we may have two of them (comp pick plus regular one).  Or it may only cost us a fourth rdr to move up that far.

Archived