• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading up with the Titans

Jeremy Igo

if you go by the draft trade value chart it would probably cost us a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th to move up to the 13th pick of the 2nd round.

Titans pick 43 = 470 / Titans pick 45 = 450

Panthers pick 62 + Panthers pick 93 + Panthers pick 129 =  284 + 128 + 43 = 455

If we do the trade I'm guessing its this years 2nd, next years 3rd, and this years 5th/6th and then we count on getting a 3rd in return for losing Norman.

6 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

if you go by the draft trade value chart it would probably cost us a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th to move up to the 13th pick of the 2nd round.

If we do the trade I'm guessing its this years 2nd, next years 3rd, and this years 5th/6th and then we count on getting a 3rd in return for losing Norman.

Good info!

7 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

The discount for a pick next year from a trade value is about a round.  So, the value of a 3rd next year is about the same as a 4th this year.  So, next years 3rd and this year's 5th prob won't get it done.

23 minutes ago, chknwing said:

It would cost more than a 3rd.

470 and 450 are the pick valuations. 284 is the value of our 61st overall. 128 is the value of our 91st pick in the 3rd. That puts us about 412, or 40-60 value points away from getting there. Our 4th round pick has a 43 point value. It might take Our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get there. So you're definitely correct.

18 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Just now, Norway said:

don't think it will happen, since I believe Gettleman doesn't value the CB position enough to trade up to get him, but as long as Fuller is still there, I'm hoping (as long as it doesn't cost to much)

In the 2nd round that is

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ogbah, Shepard, one of the Henry's or sit and wait.

Please let this happen. Moving up in 2nd to get a player with 1st Round grade is a good move IMO.  Im hoping its for Sterling, Dodd/Ogbah, or 1 of the Henrys 

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

I would love Fuller.  But I'm pretty sure this is for someone like Dodd or maybe Henry.   Though if Dodd is gone by that time (if we move up) maybe Fuller is DG's backup plan?

I agree. But I do think that it is very unlikely to think that DG will use both his 2nd, and whatever it cost to trade up (3rd and 5th?) to get a DB. Just don't see it happening. I'm hoping Fuller somehow falls all the way to our original 2nd round pick

19 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

I'd be OK with that. Btw, we don't have a 6th so it would be our 5th rounder.

Trading up would likely mean only having three contributors from this draft class (1st, 2nd, 4th) as it would require us to send our 2nd, 3rd, and 5th most likely as discussed. I don't think DG touches future draft picks and I'm not counting on getting anything more than a warm body with our 7th. 

That said, if there's a guy available that Getts has a first round grade on within reasonable range, go get him. The window is firmly open for (prudent) win now moves.

Archived