• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short - Vernon Butler - Star Lotulelei - Kony Ealy

Jeremy Igo

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think most get that.  

But our lines don't look very strong at OT or DE at the moment. 

But yeah, have great DT depth and that has advantages.  Still doesn't mean DE isn't an issue 

Who did you want to see us snag there at 30?

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He single handedly won the Texans game last year from the DE position. 

Yeh and he absolutely wrecked face against Seattle, Philadelphia and Indy from the DT position. I'm not saying he can't be a great DE, just think he's already an incredible DT at his current weight/strength. 

34 minutes ago, London Loves Luke said:

But from a money term (which I'm sure Gman may be thinking about) imagine if you can sign Short at DT money long term and he pans out at DE? That would be incredible value given the current DE market. 

Not sure what you mean here. Don't 4-3 DTs cost a lot more than 4-3 DEs? He would probably draw offers in the 80-90 mil range as a DT, but as a DE it would only be 50-60 mil.

3 hours ago, London Loves Luke said:

Yeh and he absolutely wrecked face against Seattle, Philadelphia and Indy from the DT position. I'm not saying he can't be a great DE, just think he's already an incredible DT at his current weight/strength. 

I am saying putting him in at DE for a play or two a game really throws a curve ball against the offensive tackles who settled in against the DE's. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am saying putting him in at DE for a play or two a game really throws a curve ball against the offensive tackles who settled in against the DE's. 

That's a fair point. I know we say everytime we draft a DT or LB but what are the chances we line up some 3-4 looks too?

It looks like some of the DEs that are on the roster at the moment are slightly lighter than Ealy and CJ, 

Could we see something like : 

Butler/ealy-star-short/cj

CJ/delaire/cox                        TD/Shaq/Addison 

We wouldn't need to rush 5 but would could line up wider and get QBs thinking. 

5 minutes ago, Nate Dogg said:

Not sure what you mean here. Don't 4-3 DTs cost a lot more than 4-3 DEs? He would probably draw offers in the 80-90 mil range as a DT, but as a DE it would only be 50-60 mil.

Got me thinking here, for some reason my mind skipped over the fact Suh and Jackson have been paid 100m contracts the last two years. It will be interesting to see what happens when its time to sign KK, It may be the Norman effect but I feel like this move is in anticipation instead of addition.  

Archived