• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Butler selection Presser, 7 teams tried to trade

CelibatePimp

When the 49ers and the Seachicks took those guards, it probably skyrocketed the trade value.

If I'm not mistaken during the pre-draft presser, DG referred to the OG Garnett that SF took...maybe some gamesmanship that caused SF to trade up? I was looking for the transcript to the presser but I think I remember him saying something about Kelly and Garnett.

yup. not only is is the pressure of that contract stuff off but he just physically got pressure released by these dudes in the middle. i would not be surprised to see him have one of his better years as a pro.

He was also interviewed and asked after he he resigned with us who he wanted us to draft. He said "dline man!" Mentioned getts philosophy about pass rushers.

7 hours ago, NanceUSMC said:

It's picks like this (where you can now rotate 3-4 DT's with very little dropoff) that keeps you getting after the QB for 60 minutes, instead of 45-50...  This pick will save Star and KK 10-15 snaps a game each, keep the entire DL fresher, the enemy OL worn out, and the QB with a dirty jersey...  This is the kind of selection that makes protecting those 4th quarter leads a little easier...  Makes that 4th quarter drive for the opponent a little bit tougher...  I'm looking forward to seeing how this beast is used!

Not to mention that a collapsed pocket means that the QB is out there alone somewhere where the DE's or blitzers can get to him. I bet that our LB corps loves this pick.

So we probably won't be drafting a DE in the second round. I'm hoping we're going OL. 

As the Butler pick showed (once again), it's BPA all the way, and if a DE is at the top of the list in the remaining rounds, you can count on that DE becoming a Panther.

"Plays with energy and shows the same intensity in the fourth quarter as the opening drive. Consistent competitor with a strong football appetite."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1999382/vernon-butler

And you know intensity and consistency played into the high grade we awarded to Butler. This kid was a 2 star recruit out of high school so he's used to proving people wrong about his talent.

1 hour ago, Moose Hoover said:

If I'm not mistaken during the pre-draft presser, DG referred to the OG Garnett that SF took...maybe some gamesmanship that caused SF to trade up? I was looking for the transcript to the presser but I think I remember him saying something about Kelly and Garnett.

Every GM in the league is playing WWGD...What would Gettleman Do.  I f he says he's picking a kicker at 62, there'd be a run on kickers in 50's. 

Or at least they should be.

8 hours ago, CelibatePimp said:

Yeah you are right. I am especially high on Delaire.

I'm there with you.  Delaire should see this  as a sign and double up his reps at the gym, come into camp a monster and win himself more reps during the season.  If he can show flashes like he did his first few games with us, he can compete with kony and cj, bring some qb pain.

9 hours ago, NanceUSMC said:

It's picks like this (where you can now rotate 3-4 DT's with very little dropoff) that keeps you getting after the QB for 60 minutes, instead of 45-50...  This pick will save Star and KK 10-15 snaps a game each, keep the entire DL fresher, the enemy OL worn out, and the QB with a dirty jersey...  This is the kind of selection that makes protecting those 4th quarter leads a little easier...  Makes that 4th quarter drive for the opponent a little bit tougher...  I'm looking forward to seeing how this beast is used!

Not to mention that this kind of constant pressure will give QBs Happy Feet.  And that is a good thing.

Archived