• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select DT Vernon Butler

Jeremy Igo

This is a subpackage pick like Shaq was last year. I don't have strong feelings on it either way.

We were always in a weird spot at 30, its what happens tommorow that I'm interested in. Move up. Get Shepherd, Henry, Dodd. Don't care. Just add some of that talent and I don't really care what we did at 30.

I'll say the same thing I said when we took Luke. I'm not saying he won't be a good player, but GD we had better options. Hopefully I'm wrong again, but last time we had an injured Beason who left shortly after the pick. 

And this rotation talk?  Are we cutting Soliai or Love?  We need 5 starter quality DTs when we have AT MOST two DEs that could start for any team in the league?  One of whom isn't getting any younger and we were willing to let walk if he didn't come back for peanuts. 

I desperately hope we trade back up for Ogbah, Dodd or H Henry. That will salvage this for me. 

This is such a fantastic pick, you have no idea. KK and Star bring interior pressure on 1 and 2 downs, and then they rotate a Wilkerson type guy on third downs and towards the end of the game. No more blown leads.

The draft fell really terrible for us. There were no OTs, CBs or WRs worth a damn left. We had very little options. The top players available were 2 DTs and 2 ILBs.

BPA didn't line up with our needs at all. That left us with either reaching for need, or getting a guy that's going to struggle to see playing time. Neither one being a great option. Can't hate on DG given the options but still not happy ending up with a DT.

Remember when we selected star and short in the same draft and people bitched

Remember when we selected Ealy after franchising Hardy and people bitched?

Actually people didn't bitch about Star and Short. Our DTs were fuging horrible and included guys like Sione Fua and Andre Neblett.

Archived